FSX Wish List (Just for fun)

Pete Wilcox

As I am flying around I think of things I wish I would see if I were the creator of FSX in the first place.

I started a list and would like people to add on things they think of also.

1. More birds flying especially occasional migrating birds like geese.

2. Cattle ranches where appropriate.

3. Luscious wheat field where appropriate.

4. Forest fires in some areas.

5. Helicopter AI traffic.

6. Air Force base AI traffic and maybe occasional Thunderbirds or Blue Angels flyovers.

7. Interstate Rest Areas.

8. Moving trains.

9. Hot air balloons.

Stable 30 fps on max settings in all areas...

(But what I would like more is an FSX combined with other sims - so when I land I jump in my car and drive to the truck garage to pick up the next cargo in a 18 wheeler, then on my way I would stop at a rail crossing where my friend online is just whizzing through as the train driver...)

Hi Pete

It may interest you to know that some of those things are available already with certain addons but the ones I know are in the UK and that may not appeal to you.

Birds are displayed at some of UK2000 VFR airports sceneries and also in Earth Simulations areas like Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In fact ES also provide some freeware birds to 'fly' so you can explore the areas very low and very slow! It's quite amusing to stall and crash a goose or crow! They're great fun and really useful for exploring the highly detailed ORBX areas too.

Some ORBX sceneries include forest fires - not seen them myself but I have seen some screenshots on these forums. I think they are in the Central Rockies region and maybe in Australia too but I can't be sure of that.

Helicopter traffic can be gained by purchasing an addon called Helitraffic 2009 from Flight1 - I have it and it is great and really customisable too. It provides helicopters that operate correctly from any helipads at airport sceneries and you can specify the level of traffic you want. I haven't noticed a drain on FPS either when I use it.

Airforce traffic is provided by MyTraffic X along with airline and GA traffic - it is affected by the airline density slider and is pretty good. The models aren't the best but from a distance they are perfectly acceptable and not demanding on FPS.

Moving trains are supposed to be provided by Earth Simulations in their new scenery for the UK. I am getting it but haven't got it installed yet so can't give you any idea of how they perform.

Balloons - I have seen a few of these at some of the UK2000 airports but they are more like static models above the airports rather than moving ones. I think it would be great to have moving ones though!

Cheers

Stu.

Thanks for all the tips. I have a lot of things on the back burner due to my poor duo core computer hoping it will crap out soon. Not really as I just spent $700 on eyeglasses yesterday. But I didn't know all those things were available many of which are on my list. I haven't even bought any FTX Airports yet as even the freeware airport KAVL drags down my FPS.

I am also hoping something will peak my interests to fly in areas other than North America since there are many ORBX regions waiting to be explored. I don't know what it is, I suppose other than serving in NATO in Germany for two years I haven't traveled outside the US.

One of these days something may draw me out.

Archived