Change Installation directory

highplainsgamaer

How do I change the installation directory.  I have been trying to reinstall my addons for FSX.  Originally,  FSX was located at C:\FSX.  I moved it to F:\FSX for space considerationws.  However, whenever I try to install an ORBX addon, it wants to install to C;\FSX.  There is no C:\FSX dreictory, because I deleted it.  I also deleted the ORBX file with all of my ORBX addons which was located in F:\FSX.  This seems to make no difference.  The launcher just creates a new FSX directory on drive C.

Hi there,

our installers rely on the Windows registry entry for FSX. Thus, if you manually moved FSX itself you also have to adjust the registry information. There are a couple of tools available that do this; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82659-stuck-trying-to-get-nzsi-working-correctly/?p=756830

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your quick response. I thought there might be a hidden file or registry entry. I just did not know where to begin to look.

Is there any specific line I should look for in the registry? It has been a while since I have played around with the registry, but my recollection is that it contains a lot of information and finding something can look like the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Ok, after some experimentation and a lot of hair pulling, I think I found it.  Neither the Tweka FS tool nor the Flight 1 tools seemed to do the trick.  The Tweak FS tool simply opened up regedit, and the Flight 1 tool did not catch the problem.  However, the Softpedia tool did the trick.  Thanks

Archived