65S Sunken

Larry Hickerson

My issue with 65S being sunken is back after the purchase and install of openLC EU and then CYSE.  I discovered this after flying several areas of Europe and then started a tour from CYSE to PAEN and back down to 65S via Canadian Rockies.  Purpose was to check out all the payware airports enroute.  All was good except when I arrived at 65S and had to do a grass landing.  The aprons and parking area is below ground.

Strange thing number two is an error being created for scenery file 109 Oshkosh.  Have no clue and never flown there.  I just disabled it in the library so it would go away:

My first solution was to do a re-install of both NRM and 65S.  This only gave me an error with ADE so I had to completely remove NRM and 65S, do a boot, and do a reinstall. Still an issue with it being sunken.

As for other great stuff I tried.  LOL  Nothing  I have removed 65S till I get how to install it without it sinking down.  As you see by my purchases, I have no issues.  The setup that you see in my Addy is what I am running with the exception of AussieOz AU.  No issues downunder.

Frustrated?  Oh, yes!

First error I got after attempting to do an install over existing scenery with NRM and 65S is below.  This is why I uninstalled and then reinstalled both.

65s1a.jpg

This next error just started popping up.  Do not remember when but during all of this.  I just made it go away by unchecking the library for Oshkosh.

65s2a.jpg

65s7.jpg

Sunken with 65S install.  All new downloads to include patch and scenery library.

65s3.jpg

65s4.jpg

65s5.jpg

Free at last, but with default NRM running without 65S install.  Why does it have to be your favorite airport.  BTW, it was my default and now I just use one of the Orbx freeware to open FSX with.

65s6.jpg

backed up and deleted the Scenery.cfg.

set ftx central to NA and ran 65S install.

Set FTX central to global and ran current lib.

Airport still sunken.

tried running 65s install with FTX Central set at Global and then Lib.

65S taxi ways and parking area still sunken.

please check when switched to the NA region if the elevation adjustment file for 65S => ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment has a bgl extension it should be located in the ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\ folder, if it has NOT a bgl extension but a .OFF extension then right-click and delete the .OFF extension changing it to .BGL

fire up the SIM and see if that changes it for you

Is this 65S problem happening after you've updated NRM to SP4? The trenches are caused by the original NRM version of "ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment.BGL" which erroneously sets the airport elevation about 10' below what it's supposed to be. When properly updated, your "Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment.BGL" should be dated 8/18/2013, 6:30 PM, if that's not the case after installing SP4 then simply delete the file entirely because all the updated file does is return the airport to it's default FSX elevation, removing the erroneous file will have the same effect.

mine was dated 5/5/2010 6:52 PM.  arrrrrrrrrgh

I removed the file "ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment.BGL" and everything is a perfect world with Orbx scenery again.  Wow!  Love this forum.  And yes, this just started happening with SP4 consolication.  I should have kept the old updates.  Cleaned them all out so I would be "perfect" for a reinstall of FSX.  LOL  always tweaking will kill you.

Really do fly 65S more than any other airport.  Love those Canadian Rockies!  Would pay extra for KMYL and area to be made payware.  :-)

Thank you Jim and Wolter!  SOLVED!!

Archived