Urban areas : Gap between OpenLC and right position

lucky72

Hello,

Hope this is the right place now to report bugs (if not give me a link...).

I did notice that there is a big gap between many openLC's urban areas position and the right  position,(and many friends did notice it too).

Despite I like very much how OpenLC Europe looks like, it appears that urban areas a suffer in many places from a shift that put them in wrong position like in Biella (OACI LILE) :

Seems that the secenery suffers from a "shift" of the urban areas : they are below the airport in FSX with OpenLC.

At first I did believe FSX's airport position was wrong and went to Google : LILE is perfectly located in FSX according to Google's LAT/LONG : the landclass is dramatically wrong in this area.

More : there are many areas like this : Ajaccio LFKJ airport (also well located in FSX) gets an urban area landclass below and around the airport wich is also completely wrong (and many other cases too)

This is unfortunately not the only place in Europe... Other users did report on otherr forums that they get the same problem easily noticeable if you know the place you are supposed to be flying other

Please understant that I am not saying that the representation of the place is wrong or that the urban area should look differently : What I try to explain is that the urban areas are mostly corect but with a gap between the position they have and the right position they should have, and that the gap is so big that in many places cities surrounding the airports are located below or too close the airport (the same with the lanscape : my small town located on the slope of the mountain is now partially in the valley...).

I can understant that small cities could be missing (despite Saint- Moritz in Switzerland is not a so small urban area to be totally ignored), but I cannot understand why inexistant urban areas can be added or so bad located !

I consider it is a major bug as it appears to hapen in many places and also because other odler landclass (UTX,, Truelandscape) put these areas in the right position (each time verified with Google).

post-37129-0-00728300-1406912763_thumb.j

post-37129-0-74315700-1406912977_thumb.j

post-37129-0-94118400-1406913024_thumb.j

post-37129-0-73340200-1406913056_thumb.j

Hi Lucky, thanks for updating your order number :) I have checked Biella for you, there is a little portion of urban houses near the airport that's not as in the reality, anyway it's under the limitation of 1 km x 1km, the other things around the airport are correct. It doesn't seem shifted, it's that a urban texture, anyway less longer than 1 km has been used instead of a rural texture. I am not sure that can be corrected without creating another issue. Please keep in mind that the landclass have those limitations.

According to me Biella looks good in my simulator, i have not seen hard issues, also the roads are correctly placed by vector.

Archived