An issue with FTX Central

jaje

Hi guys

To cut to the chase, I foolishly installed a third party airport scenery in NZSI, which caused enormous problems with airport elevation issues. No matter what I did, the issue remained until I reinstalled NZSI - which was fine - and taught me a lesson.

However, I have since found that the new FTX Central, although it works in terms of selecting areas, does not produce a list of products installed, nor does it display the PDFs for the various airports. As a final step, I reinstalled the latest Orbx libraries (140703), but the issue still remains, except that the report FTX Products Installed now simply lists FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140703 3rd July 2014 as the only product.

This is not a vital error, but it would be good to be able to check that my products are up to date, and it would be easier to access the airport PDFs directly from FTX Central rather than have to go looking in the FSX installation to find them

Any suggestions (other than not installing third party sceneries!!) would be most welcome

John

Hi John,

that's a bit of an odd one as FTX Central simply gathers that information on the fly from the files located in \ORBX\User Documents. Can you check whether that folders contains, for example, "NZSI SP1 User Guide.pdf" and, in the "Versions" subfolder, a file named "FTX_NZ_NZSI.TXT"?

Cheers, Holger

Well Holger, there's the problem, but I have no idea how it happened. The only item in the User documents folder is the Versions folder, and the only file in the versions folder is the FTZ_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Aaah -wait a sec. I've remembered that my Control Panels folder was moved to my desktop while I was checking something, and all the docs are in there. To recover them can I simply move the Control Panels folder back into the Orbx folder? And if so, where exactly?

Thanks for the help

John

Thanks Holger- had to do a lot of searching, but eventually found another Orbx User documents folder on another drive completely! Don't know how I managed to get that there, but copied it back to the FSX SSD drive and now all is now well. I think it must be the onset of senile decay :mellow: :mellow:

Kindest regards

John

Archived