Nelson to Wellington in NZ

bernd1151

With so much activity going on in Europe right now, I thought I turn to the other side of our wonderful FTX Globe. There is still sooo much I haven`t seen...

The weather is fine and good old „Auntie Ju“ is ready for a new adventure, from Nelson on South Island to NZ`s capital Wellington on the south-eastern tip of North Island. It`s not too long, so the old lady will not be too stressed out upon our arrival.

1_zps7c7d328b.jpg

2_zps6b83e1ac.jpg

After take off, we turn north-east. Our next waypoint and where we will leave South Island, will be Picton

3_zpsd88d08f6.jpg

Pictoresque Picton is now right below us

4_zps443bd553.jpg

We have successfully crossed Cook Straight. In the distance you can still spot South Island

5_zps5aa0d4ce.jpg

From here it´s only a short hop along Fitzroy Bay before we turn final for Wellington Int.

Luckily we have received permission to do a low pass over Wellington first. That will be fun

6_zps0acc7e5d.jpg

7_zps11248e1f.jpg

Passengers on the right side of the plane can enjoy a nice view of the Westpac Stadium

8_zps460a6bee.jpg

On short final now

9_zpsbf414374.jpg

10_zpsc29c7911.jpg

11_zpsfa1f030c.jpg

Good old girl, you did a fine job

Interesting set- I think Orbx's NZNI rendition of Wellington actually sits above the older REAL NZ quality these days, but hopefully a FSX/P3D native version will be released in the future to match the quality of Nelson!

Archived