Lights on Country tracks

teecee

I fly mainly in Australia..in the outback, and I have light poles during the day, and twinkling light at night on country roads and even on some tracks.. These are totally unreal, and I wondered if there was a road texture that I could load that would stop it? Teecee.

PS: this applies to both FSX and Prepar3d.

Hi Terry,

that sounds odd because the new night lighting system doesn't place light pole models anymore. Moreover, the FTX AU road files distinguish between urban and rural textures with the latter having no night lighting at all.

Is this with the current AU triple-installer and have you made sure that you don't have Global Vector or other add-ons that include roads at higher display priority?

If the scenery library order is correct perhaps give us a few coordinates and/or screenshots so we can cross-check.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger..I did use the triple installer.. and I do have global installed.. The scenery library is set to default at this time.. I will try for some screenshots, but the twinkling is hard to capture..Teecee.

Hi Terry,

I assume you mean FTX Central is set to Default/Global? If flying in Australia it should be set to Oceania. Global in hybrid mode sort of works but there are some oddities with it in terms of landclass textures so we recommend using Oceania for all flights within AU.

Cheers, Holger

Archived