How to uninstall FTX Open LC Europe?

Hello,

is there a way to uninstall Open LC Europe without ruining the FSX installation? A pitty such an addon does not come with an uninstaller, like any other good addon does.
Thanks in advance

Cheers, Carsten

I think if you delete the entries from the FSX Scenery Library and then delete the OLC Eu folders from the FSX\ORBX folder, then cycle FTX Central, you will have uninstalled the scenery.

Just curious, why are you uninstalling?

Thanks John, I'll try it that way.

I want to uninstall it, because it doesn't meet my expectations. I gave it a testride in areas that I know for real and the landclasses were way off. Moreover the combination with FTX Vectors produces horrible results. Imho opinion FTX Global alone looks far better and more realistic.

Cheers, Carsten

Hmmmm.   That's not the experience of just about everyone else.  Without specific examples it's impossible to ascertain whether you're seeing is what you should be seeing.  In all my testing I didn't see a single area that went 'backwards', though I did see a couple of problems with Vector in the south of France that needed further investigation.

Did you move the entries and set the insertion point as per http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/ ?

John,

attached are a few pics from my FSX. I moved the entries according to the manual.

A typical effect within my installation - pieces of roads out of nowhere leading nowhere (Northeast of ETNT)

openLCb_01.jpg

Just cut to size standard textures, not what I expected (City of Wittmund, east of ETNT)

openLCc_01.jpg

Rather than this large industrial complex, in reality here is just farmland and an abandoned airfield (former ETNA)

openLCd_01.jpg

Towntextures under a highway cloverleaf - in reality there is no village (North of EHBK)

openLCf_01.jpg

Further north of EHBK, this looks like Photoshop brush over standard textures. FTX Vector and Open LC don't really seem to work with each other.
openLCe_01.jpg

Furthermore I have a considerable drop in fps after the installation of Open LC, from a locked 30 down to 20 or even 15 and terrain loading at the begining of a flight takes forever.

These are the reasons, why I want to uninstall the product. As I said, imho it is a major step back from FTX Global.

Cheers, Carsten

I'm facing the same problem with OpenLC Europe. After testing it for 2 days now I think the regions where I was flying and which I know well by VFR-flying in real life and PC-based with FTX Global (North Austria, Bavaria and parts of Baden-Württemberg) are far from loocking even similar to reality.

Using OpenLC for example Bad Tölz changed its shape, the two golf courses vanished, some industrial areas became forrests and so it went on following up the river Isar into the mountains or down to the city of Munich, where several parts semm to be changed to forrests or farm land. The combination with ORBX Vector makes things even worse, there are many faulty and missing roads in my preferred regions an the river Isar became a "canyoned" stream...   

Pilots is an Austrian Company but their focus on fixing the Vector errors in NA (and obviously forgetting about their home continent) in combination with the new OpenLC Europe is a very bad mixture for the users.

And a word about the OpenLC installer: It positioned the OpenLC landclasses above all other ORBX products in the scenery.cfg. After doing some smaller test flights in these regions (Germany only) it seemed that OpenLC landclasses are "overwriting" the landclasses of other european ORBX products. After placing them manually down just above the FS Global 2010 meshes things went better.

Well, flying cross country really gives you the feeling of beeing there (well done!!!) but I think that there is still a lot of work to be done and thinking of the "Vector Incident" it's a pitty that the ORBX customers are beta testers again.

Tomsel,

I have tested in Northern Germany, near Frankfurt, Southern Netherlands and Western Denmark - all results were quite comparable.
Near EHBK, my former hometown vanished completely and residential areas turned into industrial areas.
Same in Denmark, near EKVJ - the town of Sondervig vanished, while the single vacation cottages were promoted to larger residential areas.
Flying out of Egelsbach/ EDFE the town is completely gone. A 20,000 town! The adjacent commercial area turned into farmland as well.
The old SceneryTech landclasses produced more realistic results :(

Another strange issue since I've installed OpenLC: Munich Airport EDDM by Aerosoft, working fine till Saturday, seems to have made a "step aside" to the north. AI traffic is now taxiing about 100ft southward the taxiways and planes on the southward parking positions are having a picknick in the green. Not to mention seeing a AI A320 landing on the rough grass aside the runway...

Today I will try the tour from LIPB Bolzano via LIDT Trento and across the Italian Garda Lake via LIPX Verona to the small LIPV Venezia-San Nicolo Airport. I know this very well by several real life flights and I'm curious about the results... 

+1 for an uninstaller!

On a clean (3 weeks old) installation of P3D2.2 with ONLY ORBX and OZX scenery installed apart from "vanilla" and with PNG installed a week or so ago and many hours of happy flying all over the world,  the installation of Europe LC has turned the the system to mush. The "no detail outside 5 miles problem " is the only one I have been able to fix (by jobscheduler tweek..the ONLY tweek I have). Artifacts, strange sqaures in teh middle of crop fields (shouldn't it be crop circles? ;)  ) coastline changing from farm, to water, to city type tiles and back as you circle a point, inappropriate vegetation (pine trees on groins around the harbour at Bruneval for example) landlocked ships in the harbour (Le Harvre) etc etc all problems I have spent hours scrolling through the forum attempting to solve...and the worst part is that even disabling all the "Europe LC" scenery entries does not make the problems go away, they are now there in the default scenery in places.  

I've tried the morphing fixes, hybrid, no hybrid, Vector on, Vector off,  the FTX Central scenery cfg tools, rebuilding terrain.cfg etc etc.  

It is very pretty where it works but not worth the problems for me as a "fly rather than spend hours fiddling to get software with an installer to work" type user.

So...can this be uninstalled or do I have to wipe P3D and reinstall all of the other scenery again?

regards

Darryl

Darryl,

I followed Johns recommendation, I deleted all OpenLC entries from the scenery library, then renamed the FTX_OLC folder and ran FTX central again. I did not yet delete the folder, this addon was expensive and maybe they will fix it with a couple of patches?

I reinstalled the SceneryTech Landclass and my FSX looks good again. I could also max my sliders again and still have my locked 30 fps, this was impossible with Open LC.

Cheers, Carsten

Thanks Carsten,

I'll give it a try later in the week when I have another night free. I don't have Scenerytech so I am hoping that the defaults are still there and will reappear once I get OLC Europe killed.

Interesting that I didn't see any performance hit at all...just the scenery problems.

As you say, hopefully this will get fixed because the potential is certainly there for a great looking Europe!!

regards

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...

Another strange issue since I've installed OpenLC: Munich Airport EDDM by Aerosoft, working fine till Saturday, seems to have made a "step aside" to the north. AI traffic is now taxiing about 100ft southward the taxiways and planes on the southward parking positions are having a picknick in the green. Not to mention seeing a AI A320 landing on the rough grass aside the runway...

Today I will try the tour from LIPB Bolzano via LIDT Trento and across the Italian Garda Lake via LIPX Verona to the small LIPV Venezia-San Nicolo Airport. I know this very well by several real life flights and I'm curious about the results... 

Hi Tomsel,

I had the same but placing the Aerosoft AFD all the way at the top of the scenery library fixed the issue for me.

And yes - I am quite disappointed - for the first time - that this topic has seen no reply at all from Orbx. I own almost every single scenery and am a big supported, but not sure what happens this time here. It is ok to have plenty of things going on and the need to prioritise is always there, but at least a signal that this topic is related to OLC and being investigated would be decent...

Reinstalling- - that´s my way (without needing a FSX Reinstall):

- Deleted the scenery.cfg entries from OpenLC - delete the FSG-Vector cfg-entries - delete FSGlobal-Base cfg-entries - and deleted the hole ORBX folder. Finishing with a Registry Cleaning by CC-Cleaner.

To cancel the Entries and the ORBX Folder is not at all sufficient, because some Files are laying e.g. in the FSX-Scenery-Folders.

For this Case then I copied from a earlier backup-fresh FSX Installation - -- all the scenery and Texture Files back to FSX  -- e.g. to theTexture-Folder, Scenery-World-Scenery Folder, Autogen Folder --  and so on!

Works perfect - and i´ts done in 1 hour!!

I always fly IFR - so the LC-Issues who reported, do not bother me- and from high Altitude it looks really great. Though sometimes i think FSGlobal openLC is not a real Landclass product like UTX -- it is just only a Update and a Enhancement for FSGlobal-Base- and for some People it may look like a Magic Fantasy Land!

Regards

Walter

FSS0225430

FSS0302963

FSS0300286

And yes - I am quite disappointed - for the first time - that this topic has seen no reply at all from Orbx. I own almost every single scenery and am a big supported, but not sure what happens this time here. It is ok to have plenty of things going on and the need to prioritise is always there, but at least a signal that this topic is related to OLC and being investigated would be decent...

My apology, I realised this post went into the wrong threat...!

• 1 month later...

Archived