default scenery

Beverley Penny

when I installed my first Orbx scenery I had the option to keep FSX Default  but I hit the wrong button and deleted it.  Now to uninstall any Orbx scenery it says I have to set FTX to default. But I now have no default. any way to get it back. Would I have to uninstall everything to install Microsoft FSX . Thanks

When you installed FTX Global, the new FTX Global icon replaced the Default icon. So in effect, FTX Global (with ORBX trees, hybrid and Vector lights unticked) is your default.

I assume you do have an FTX Global icon in FTX Central?

Cheers

Jack

As pointed out, installing VECTOR replaces the Default Icon and that becomes your Default.

I read your other post, since locked, and I believe what your saying is that when you installed the FTX Global and was given the option of saving the FSX Default Textures you did not do that.  If this is the case then uninstalling VECTOR would not be wise as you do not have the default FSX Textures to re-install.  Is that what your saying?

If this is correct there is a method of uninstalling and recovering your default FSX Textures.

Archived