FTX lights at night are missing?

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

I have noticed I have no lights when I fly at night, dawn or dusk?  I have "Night mode" turned on and have created my own choice in the "FTX Global Lights Configurator" tool.....??  The only thing I get is a yellow glow where the lights should be?  I have the latest libs installed....

Are there suppose to be lights for the "Full Fat FTX regions"?  These shots were taken in PNW....

DagY0.jpg

lObfz.jpg

I have noticed too that the 'FTX Global Lights Configurator" is always blank when I open it?  Should it not keep your last saved entry showing?

Cheers.

Tim...

Hi Timmy,

the Global Lights Configurator works for both P3D and FSX; once you've selected the sim you want to adjust the lights for it'll auto-fill the other fields with your last choice.

Not sure why the 3D lights don't show. I assume you're using the latest version/service packs of the regions, for example 1.8 for PNW? If so the Night/Day modes don't have any effect anymore at least not for the vector roads and generic landclass textures meaning the lights should automatically become active.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Timmy,

the Global Lights Configurator works for both P3D and FSX; once you've selected the sim you want to adjust the lights for it'll auto-fill the other fields with your last choice.

Not sure why the 3D lights don't show. I assume you're using the latest version/service packs of the regions, for example 1.8 for PNW? If so the Night/Day modes don't have any effect anymore at least not for the vector roads and generic landclass textures meaning the lights should automatically become active.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello Holger,

Thank you for reply.  I do have ALL updates and current libs installed.....  One thing I have noticed is when I open "FTX Global Lights Configurator" it is always blank and then I have to select which flight sim to use????  I only have FSX installed and I choose that one all the time (its the only one listed too), but when I apply then close the app then re-open the App, everything is blank again and I have to select FSX again???  Is this how it works??   Could this be why i do not see the street lights?

Cheers,

Tim...

Holger,

Please except my sincere apologies!!! I have just found out my lights do infact work.  The problem seems to be a small time window between "Dawn" and "Day" that switches the street lights off but leaves the yellow glow....which looks quite strange and made me think I had an issue???  Maybe this is how it is suppose to work...yes?  Or should the yellow glow and the street lights turn off at the same time?

Kind regards,

Tim..

Hi Tim,

funny, I was going to mention that time gap as a possible issue but since you had listed "night" as well in your original post I didn't.

There is indeed some lag between nightlights of objects switching on and those of ground textures but it's just one of those quirks in FSX that's buried somewhere deep in its code and thus out of our control.

Cheers, Holger

Archived