ground terrain popping up through runway at KSEA

PhillyPennPilot

Any idea why this is happening at KSEA?  (Needless to say, I had to do a go-around after I saw the hills coming up through the runway!) ;)

KSEAsceneryproblem_zps6feff451.png

I don't think I've flown into KSEA since getting the PNW region a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure if this is a result of installing Orbx software, or if there's something else that's interfering with it here.

I have FTX Global Base and Vector, but I do not have a terrain mesh layer.  There are no third party airports or scenery addons here (or anywhere in my Orbx regions), and although I disabled some of the AEC for a few freeware airports that required it, AEC is not disabled at KSEA.  I haven't flown a whole lot recently to & from other PNW airports specifically, but from the handful I've tested just now, this doesn't seem to be happeneing anywhere else.  The scenery library looks ok to me; I could be wrong though.  (Is there a way to get the list of the library's order, or do I have to just take multiple screenshots?  I will if that will help.)

The only thing I've added to my set up recently that in any way would interact with scenery / airport data is FS Commander 9.5, but I really don't think it would actually change anything in FSX.

Hope there's a fix for this.  Thanks!

I believe that you should post this on the Vector forum.  I had many of the same issues with KSEA and no no one could help to resolve the problems. I also had other issues with other airports that went unchanged.   Several months ago I just gave up and quit all ORBX and Vector programs.  However, I recently reinstalled Global and Global gives good enough graphics for me.  I will not be going back to Vector.  It just has too many problems that have not been satisfactorily addressed as far as I am concerned.  Good Luck with your issue.  I hope you will be successful where I was not.

BW

If you haven't already, update your Vector to Version 1.15.

If you then run the Vector Configurator, you will see that

it defaults to this

SMcZ3.jpg

If for some reason it does not on your installation, amend it to

add KSEA to the disabled list.

You can, if required, add any airport in the left hand list to the right hand list

if you discover further problems of this nature.

Here are two resolved topics on the same subject.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81079-elevation-issues-with-default-airports/?hl=ksea

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79625-ksea-runways-buried-in-p3d-v22/?hl=ksea

Thanks, Nick.  I do in fact have Vector 1.15 and I'm pretty sure I ran the configuration tool when I first got it a couple of months ago.  For some reason it didn't add KSEA then, but it did just now after having run it again.  Perhaps I was supposed to run it after I purchased the PNW (and any of the Orbx region?

The one one thing I just noticed happened though is that it clear out the 20 or so airports I had manually disabled as suggested with some of the freeware airports.  It's a tad annoying to have to add them back, but hopefully I won't need to be doing this all that often.

Blackwolf: I'm not sure why you'd want to quit Orbx altogether.  Things look 10x better with Global AND Vector running together.  If you've already purchased it, I'd say turn it back on and run the configuration tool as Nick described above.  It worked like a charm! 

The one one thing I just noticed happened though is that it clear out the 20 or so airports I had manually disabled as suggested with some of the freeware airports.  It's a tad annoying to have to add them back, but hopefully I won't need to be doing this all that often.

Whoops. I mis-spoke.  I only had to manually disable a few of the newest airports in pack #15.  My bad.  Worked great.  Thanks again! 

I am willing to try again.  I have already reinstalled Global and it works great.  I have several questions before I try it again.

1. I now have the update 1.15.  I also have 1.10.  I have the original copy of Vector.  Should I proceed with my original copy and should I download a fresh copy??

BW

I am willing to try again.  I have already reinstalled Global and it works great.  I have several questions before I try it again.

1. I now have the update 1.15.  I also have 1.10.  I have the original copy of Vector.  Should I proceed with my original copy and should I download a fresh copy??

I'm not exactly an expert in these matters, but it looks like Vector 1.15 is an incremental patch and need to be installed on top of 1.10.  Take a look at the support page:  http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html.  You'll also want to install the new library (found on the same page towards the bottom) after you do any tinkering/installation of FTX products.

If you've already purchased it, I can't imagine a good reason not to use it.  They were made to go together and the combo is really impressive.  The only things that will help the scenery look better is a terrain mesh (which Orbx doesn't make), and a landclass layer (which Orbx is in the process of developing in Europe and North America).

Hope that helps.

Archived