Royal Flying Doctors - Anytime, Anywhere

Guest Private-Cowboy

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hi there,

just wanna share a couple more shots of the bush rocket aka Cessna Mustang. I just flew in and out Mt. Beauty fully loaded without any problems at all...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those damn tourists always get themselfes hurt and have to be airlifted to hospital.  ;D

Any mention of the Australian Flying Doctors always makes me a bit nostalgic.  I think it was from the Nevil Shute book 'A Town Like Alice' that I first became aware of them.  Goodness knows what they were flying then, certainly not jets.  From and old, old memory, I think the 'plane looked very like a very early Cessna 152?  In those days, they could land on practically anything as most of the outback stations didn't have proper strips, only pieces of flattened land I think.

John

Oh, sorry.  Good pictures.  takes me back.

Guest Private-Cowboy

AMAZING SHOTS THERE!!

straight from the V key or a bit addapted?

Do they look like straigt from the V-key? They are a bit edited, not much though. But film grain and lens softness is nothing that FSX is capable of.

Guest Private-Cowboy

It can be found on a german/austrian flight community site (which hosts a few paints)...

Posted Image  http://flusi.movie2digital.at/index.php?page=DownloadDBData&dataID=92

Also very neat...

Posted Image  http://flusi.movie2digital.at/index.php?page=DownloadDBData&dataID=89

P.S.: Just click on "Datei speichern" (a.k.a. download) and you shall receice...

That was in the 80s? My god, it felt like this series was a year ago. I know it very well.

Yeah, I loved it back then. It found out it started in 1985 and there are indeed some DVDs available, but I'm afraid not all seasons. Too bad.

I enjoyed it too. I also watched a few bits of it filmed when they were in Broken Hill.

Archived