Hobart... Sydney... Adelaide.. Enjoy...

That last one is so good it should be against that law.  I noticed that in one of the helecopter pics you can really get a sense of altitude, which I have never been able to see in MSFS.  Some of these shots just look like postcards.  Again and again, FTX amazes me.

I am American and these shots are so realistic that I feel like I am getting an Australian accent, or rather, perhaps I am losing my American accent.

Best shots I have seen.  Mango, see if you can out do these.

Drool.. Noticed the birds in the Hobart shots, are they a scripted event or do they roam the airspace at their whim?

Flocks of birds are part of the autogen in FTX, so you will see them appear randomly all over the entire country, generally at altitude below 500AGL. You will also find eagles soaring at up to 2000AGL in rarer places. It's really quite cool to come across them during testing, adds just another level of immersion. We are planning to add horses, kangaroos and other animals over the coming months. Remember, anything new we add to upcoming regions will also be applied to previously purchased regions in the form of service packs, which are free for registered users.

Guys this is looking fantastic.  I hope the download servers cope with the attention on March 5th !!

I can't wait for the first test flight, I suspect it will be followed up with many more.

Our main server can cope with 15,000 concurrent downloads at 300KB/sec, and that's before we kick in any of our 10 mirror servers. So I think we'll be fine :)

How big is the download?  About 500mb?

Probably closer to 700MB. We are unsure until we make the final build. Because we are releasing incremental patches nightly, some of which replace old content, we don't have an accurate handle on the final size. We need to try to cap it below 700MB so we can provide the CD-ROM service from the online store.

Archived