Scenery. [UKVFR coexisting with ORBX]

Dadtom65

Hi all again. Just sorted one problem, now another, but I might have sussed it. I have installed the three UK 2000 VFR Airfields vol 1 to vol 3. When I am at southampton airport the Orbx one, I have no probs with said airport. Loveley bit of scenery. Have recently bought Shorham and Chichester/Goodwood and there was problems with the scenery. some textures not showing like black areas where some thing should have been. Think its to do with the UK 2000 scenery. In my scenery libary these are at the top of the scenery uk 3 then uk2 then 1. Under that is the uk 2000 libs after that comes the Orbx libs. Meant to say I removed the VFR vol 1 and every thing is fine, no probs.  Is this because the UK2000 vfr Airfields should be below the Orbx ones and if so where abouts should they go. Did do a search but could not find anything so if there is a report could some one please point me in the right direction please. Hope some one can understand what im on about. Thank you.

Hi Dadtom65
I'm not saying this is the correct way to do it but I have all the Orbx Uk airports and also UK2000 VFR Airfields volume 1 version 2.
and when I loaded the UK 2000 software I unticked the Orbx airfields that I had.
The only problem that I had was with Southampton. For some reason UK 2000 still has files in its software belonging to Southampton Airport even though I unticked it when loading. This caused the main runway to misalign showing grass where there should no be any.
To remedy this I deleted these entries from the UK2000 software and all is now OK.

Hope this makes sense

Kind regards

Ian

Hi JFS. Right got you, I never even thought of that. Will try that. Another thing with uk VFR airfields is that even though you tell the software not to install static aircraft for that airport it still does and they look terrible. Anyways you can get rid of them ?. Thanks for your help.

Hello again

Glad I can be of assistance. As far as your question regarding static aircraft then the answer is not that straight forward.

To remove static aircraft from major airfields then  open 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X/UK2000 Scenery/UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1' and run the options application. Top right hand side of the new window you will see tick boxes, one of which is 'install airport static' Untick this and then click exit and apply box.

The problem here is that UK2000 have said in their forum page, (I quote) 'the option to uninstall aircraft is only for the major airports. At other airfields the static aircraft are part of the scenery and cannot be uninstalled.'

I am afraid that I cannot think of any other way to remove the aircraft that are part of the scenery.

Running the options application is also going to allow you to tick or untick the airports that you want UK2000 to load. Remember to click Exit and apply before closing this window.

Kind regards

Ian

I've removed all UK2000 Airports now (including their Xtreme Airports, I have them all, bar the London airports), they cause OOM's when FTX ENG, Wales, Scotland, NI and Ireland are all installed. I can bearly get 10 minutes out of an airfield in the A2A Cherokee before I run out of memory in the south of the UK. UK2000 VFR Volume 1 Version 2 is even worse than the original version for filling up VAS. UK2000 cram too much into their Common Libraries now and it makes it almost impossible to use any other scenery addons at the same time, unless you dont want to fly anywhere, in which case you will be OK, lol.

As an example, with all of the above installed, I loaded up at Thruxton (or somewhere near there) and at the start of the flight I only had 400Mb left of VAS, so the moment I flew near one of the Xtreme airports its bam, OOM. With all of their scenery removed I had 900Mb+ (free) of VAS in the same situation.

In P3D 2.2, I have 1200 to 1500Mb of VAS left with just the FTX UK regions enabled, I just wish LM would sort out the stutters then we will be in business. The only thing stopping me moving to P3D on a more permenant basis was the lack of a decent GPS gauge for the sim, I really couldn't live without my RXP GNS 530 (Mindstar, no thanks), but now that Flight1 has released their GTN 750 that is no longer an issue, that gauge is simply fanbloodytastic.

Hi JFS and Andydigital. Thanks for your feedback. Can not say I've had any problems regarding memory while flying but I am thinking of taking all VFR Airfields off, maybe after I try JFS way first. At least we do have the basic Airfields that Orbx put on and they have updated them all and should have lovely high frame rates. Plus the fabulous airfields that Orbx will release in the future. Just one more thing to sort out whether to go for the global scenery or put on my UT X scenery back on. Any thoughts on that anybody. Thanks for your help. Cheers Derek.

Maybe you can't choose to not install them, but static aircraft are just AI models without flight plans. Should be able to delete them.

No they aren't, they are part of the main scenery placement bgl for the airport, you would have to remove them with an editor like Instant Scenery. Even then I'm not sure if these particular bgls are editable, I've not tried.

Hi all. I have sorted the scenery the way JFS said to do and it worked easy as it should apart from the Old Warden airfield. I must get all my other Orbx stuff into my profile. All my Airports that I have just purchased are working fine apart from as I said Old Warden which is showing bumps on the ground where they should not be. I did delselect it in the VFR Airfieds vol 2 but there is some thing wrong, but what. So still a possibility I might take VFR off. Thanks for every body's help. One thing JSF I saw what you did with your products semi hiding them. Was it easy to do and could you tell me how to do it. Thanks again every body.

Hi

I cannot take the credit for this one. Here is where I got it:-

#1 Aviator du 28

Members

16 posts

LocationFrance

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hi,

To avoid a very long signature with orders, I suggest to begin the orders list by Spoiler between [ ] and end with /Spoiler between [ ]

Then, if an administrator on the Payware Support Forum wants to expand or reduce your orders list, he'll clic on the grey little show/Hide box.

Have a nice Easter

Like This

My last purchase :

FTX: NA PAYA Yakutat Airport : #FSS0280917

MultiQuote

We have very clever people here in the Orbx Forums and it is well worth browsing through them regularly to pick up the likes of this idea.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian. Thanks for that. Have just taken off all VFR Airfields and guess what, no problems with Old Warden. Queer. So think will leave them off for the while. Just got to decide now wether to put UT X America and Canada back on or wait and get the Global scenery. Thanks every body for your help. Cheers Derek.

Hi Dadtom65

If you load UK2000 VFR Airfields version 2 that contains Old Warden and also Orbx Old Warden and do not untick the airfield in UK2000, you get two airfields in your flightsim, :- EG2J (UK2000 model) and EGTH (Orbx model).

Run EG2J and you indeed get 'bumps' which is an elevation issue.

Untick the UK2000 Old Warden airfield and this time use EGTH (Orbx) and you will see the diference, no bumps

Kind regards

Ian

Hi again Ian. Thanks for that. Yes when I whent into the FSX load an Airport, there was two old wardens. If I remember one was in bigglesgate or some thing like that, and forget where the other one was. They both had differant codes. I think ver. 2 was an update yes. Must check it out. Right we will try one more time. Cheer's Derek

Archived