YMML V2 Blurry ground

Good evening aviation enthusiasts,

I recently downloaded and installed YMML scenery yesterday.

Since i downloaded it, all of the ground is very blurry that i cannot see the taxiways. I have fully read and applied the recommended settings that the ORBX document has notified me. 

My PC Specs are:

i7 4770K

ASUS GTX 780

16GB G.X Skill RAM
500GB Samsung EVO SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated, enjoy your day ! :)

Kindest regards,

Anthony

YMML v2 taxiways and aprons tend to be blurry. Could you provide a screen shot for comparison, Also make sure you have one of your scenery sliders maxed out to 7cm (I forget which one).

Sorry, I'm having difficulties posting the pictures from BBCode. The pictures are located on the following link. http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Kcj and http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Kcx

Would it look nooby if i posted these links on the actual forum. I did follow the steps that i was notified on how to post a picture.

My PC Specs are:

i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz

ASUS GTX 780 OC

16GB G.X Skill RAM
500GB Samsung EVO SSD

Kindest regards,

Anthony

YMML v2 taxiways and aprons tend to be blurry. Could you provide a screen shot for comparison, Also make sure you have one of your scenery sliders maxed out to 7cm (I forget which one).

the texture resolution setting under scenery in settings menu should be on 7cm

Hi

I have the same in fact if I look at the textures close up the aprons appear to be laid with grass! I've tried re-installing and also moving YMML to the top of the FSX Scenery file and this makes no difference :(

Specs

i7 4770

Geforce 760

16GB RAM

Windows 7

I had the same issue in YMML, but somehow it got better.

What happens if you pause the sim, does it get better? Keep in mind that textures can also appear blurry when your rig is not able to pull all your requested data (sliders maxed) in time. 

Hello Gerold, when i pause the sim, the ground still stays blurry.

My current slides for scenery are:

Terrain and water

Level of detail radius: Large (max)

Mesh complexity: 80 

Mesh resolution: 2m

Texture resolution: 7cm (max)

Water effects: Mid 2.x

Scenery objects

Scenery complexity: Extremely dense (max)

Autogen density: Dense

Ground scenery shadows --- Un-ticked

Special effects detail: High

Also my Filtering is Trilinear with anti-aliasing un-ticked

Kindest regards,

Anthony

It is defiantly very blurry, generally the aprons and taxiways look gravelly close up. This is what I see.

Mr9eP.jpg

You have a powerful enough computer to cope with YMML. I presume you are using FSX (and not P3D).

Time to start messing around with settings to see if any changes will alleviate the problem.

Is global texture resolution set to very high?

Is filtering anisotropic?

Is antialiasing on?

Is the above two set intermally or externally?

Are you using other software (such as nvidia inspector) that could effect the scenery definition / resolution / rendering?

Edit : Sorry, missed the filtering and antialiasing that you specified. These are the next "prime suspects". 

These links is what the scenery looks like on my system. Ive tried moving around the sliders everywhere, used different options, un-tweak and tweak fax (This is on FSX). The only thing i haven't done is play around with Nvdia inspector. To be honest, I'm not extremely sure how to use Nvdia inspector. 

http://fsfiles.org/f...tsimshotsv2/Kcj

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Kcx

Like Gerold said, I'm going to try to search for a previous discussion on this topic for now.

Kindest regards Anthony 

• 5 months later...

Archived