Warnervale (YWVA) and surroundings - a little tour (39 pics!)

I've done it! I bought my first OrbX payware airport today, as a base for my flying operations at the Gold Coast and beyond. I'm very pleased, although I spotted a few bugs (maybe FSX SP1 related and not the scenery's fault). Of course, the best tool to explore a scenery in detail is a chopper. A good chance to practice my hovering techniques. This is just a small part of the covered area(s):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's one of the bugs that I was talking about. A black rectangle in front of the office building. Seems like there are some textures missing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's another bug: the DC-3 is transparent for some reason and also missing a rudder and its undercarriage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After inspecting the airfied I started visiting the neighbours and the surrounding landscape (all photoreal with autogen):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another bug, I suppose. That building in front of the race track surely isn't supposed to look like that (yellow rectangle):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Returning home and spotting another possible bug. Notice the strange car textures on the right

Posted Image

Ah, found a parking space! That's it!

Posted Image

I knew you'd have something to say about that chopper Aussiecop! lol

Yeah.....those black grass textures will be fixed by SP2....it's a alpha channel but I SP1 is not processing it properly or something?

There's something wrong with those containers and caravan. The textures are not properly selected in the texture sheets. It would be very interesting if this was because you haven't got SP2 installed  ???

Nice series Jigsaw. Not sure about those bugs - there may be some library dependencies we've missed in testing. Have you tried installing one of the freeware airports like Busselton which may contain the library (pretty sure we attached the libs to YWVA though).

You've also missed a huge chunk of photoreal scenery where the two powerstations are further north ;)

Thanks guys!

Default chopper? Really? lol Jeez!

Well, I'd love to use the HD paints, but they give me ugly stutters that are no fun to fly with. So, there. ;)

Nice series Jigsaw. Not sure about those bugs - there may be some library dependencies we've missed in testing. Have you tried installing one of the freeware airports like Busselton which may contain the library (pretty sure we attached the libs to YWVA though).

I have installed all the freeware airports, so that shouldn't be the reason.

You've also missed a huge chunk of photoreal scenery where the two powerstations are further north ;)

I know. I saw it in the distance. That's why I said that this is only a "little tour" that only shows "a small part of the covered area(s)". ;)

By any chance, do you use the DX10... preview ?

Nope, quite the opposite: WinXP, DX9 and SP1, because SP2 screws up the Carenado Bonanza cockpit and removes the windows from the Carendo Stationair (FS9 version). I also suspect that these bugs are there because I don't have SP2 installed. Guess I have to try installing it.

Okay, I installed SP1 for Warnervale (that fixed the misaligned textures on the container and the caravan) and SP2 for FSX (this fixed the DC-3 problem). The textures from the building in front of the racetrack are still missing and so is, expectedly, the texture in front of the Warnervale office building.

Archived