Installing FTX AU after FTX NA/EU regions

teeboy

I have had problems in the past after installing AU regions when NA was already installed with some wierd textures appearing in both regions. Having removed everything Orbx from my drive, I have re-installed FTX NA PNW and NCA, also EU England Scotland and Wales along with my various airport purchases.

Will installing the AU regions and airports at this stage cause problems? I note from your downloadable FAQ that AU should be installed first, which seems strange as they all install into seperate folders in the Orbx directory. Obviously I will have to install the latest libraries last.

Hi there,

the issue stems from the core files for FTX Central and our libraries that are included with older region installers and overwrite newer versions of those files when regions are installed out of sequence. Typically though, any "hiccups" get resolved by installing the current Orbx Libraries last.

In any case you can avoid any potential issues by using the current triple installer for Australia instead of the individual AU regions. If you don't have it already see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71930-ftx-au-sp4-now-available-for-p3d-version-2/

Cheers, Holger 

Archived