KMRY parking and gates

tim737murphy

G'day Tim,

Not that I'm aware of. But could you do me a favour and take a screenshot of the parking spots that are included in your GSX menu? I have a feeling it may be caused by a duplicate APX, but a little more information will help point the direction.

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Tim,

It looks like GSE is referencing KMRZ (Monterey Aero Club) rather than KMRY (Monterey Airport proper) - I'm not a GSE user but if you can make sure it can call the correct airport code, this should allow it to reference the "normal" parking spots.

Failing that, you could temporarily disable the KMRX APX by going to your Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KMRY/scenery folder and renaming Westsim_KMRX_APX.bgl to Westsim_KMRX_APX.bgl.off , this will 100% ensure that GSE only calls the correct parking positions, but will have the trade-off of disabling the secondary runway.

Cheers,
Jarrad

By the way, at KMRY as well as Juneau (PAJN), as soon as the plane touches down, ATC requests you to contact ground. This should normally only happen once you leave the runway ... Which makes me think that ATC is not recognizing the runway for some reason (e.g. it thinks you are landing on another runway or something similar). Could the reason be similar to what is happening with GSX?

In fact, ATC at PAJN always instructs me to land on the water runway for some reason.

Regards.

Rhett.

You should note we have placed two separate APX files at KMRY to enable the separate AI traffic operations between the smaller Navy Aero Club aircraft and the main Monterey traffic. If you select the correct airport for starting your flight and/or landing, you will see all the appropriate options available for the associated runway.

Use KMRY Monterey Peninsula for the main airport and KMRZ Monterey Peninsula Aero Club for the Navy Aero Club.

By the way, at KMRY as well as Juneau (PAJN), as soon as the plane touches down, ATC requests you to contact ground. This should normally only happen once you leave the runway ... Which makes me think that ATC is not recognizing the runway for some reason (e.g. it thinks you are landing on another runway or something similar). Could the reason be similar to what is happening with GSX?

In fact, ATC at PAJN always instructs me to land on the water runway for some reason.

Regards.

Rhett.

G'day Rhett,

We had this issue with KRDD so I paid careful attention to make sure it wasn't the case with KMRY. It might be worth noting that you will get the notification straight away if you touch down too early on Rwy 28L, as the ATC engine considers the displaced threshold as "off-runway" so will automatically trigger the contact-ground command. If you are still experiencing it, just make sure you don't have any conflicting APX files (My Traffic X, conflicting scenery add-ons etc), this may also be a cause of your issue.

Cheers.

Karrad

Hello

I'm trying to do what Jarrad suggested up above to have GSX work in my KMRY

"Failing that, you could temporarily disable the KMRX APX by going to your Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KMRY/scenery folder and renaming Westsim_KMRX_APX.bgl to Westsim_KMRX_APX.bgl.off , this will 100% ensure that GSE only calls the correct parking positions, but will have the trade-off of disabling the secondary runway."

I can't find KMRX_APX.bgl.  I have Westsim _KMRY_APX  and Westsim_KMRZ_APX,  and that's it.  Does he (Jarrad) mean the Westsim_KMRY_APX?

Matthew

• 3 years later...

Archived