ILS 10R (I-MRY) at KMRY too high?

ryanbatc

Can someone check on their end.... Iv'e tried two airplanes and the ILS 10R at KMRY brings me in very high on short final.  I did note on the approach plate the last 1.8 miles are unusable...  

I also understand that not all PAPI's are aligned with the glide slope path (ours isn't in Duluth) but this glide path just seems overly high on final.

Anyone with RW experience in this airport know?

p.s.  if I wasn't clear this is with the new KMRY scenery.

IMRYtoohigh.jpg

Today I did a KLAS to KMRY in the Airbus X Extended in Allegiant livery of course. On final everything was lined up but noticed as in the picture above I seemed high on approach. Had to disconnect AP and almost dive to the final causing the pullup and terrain warning to go off. Other than that, this scenery rocks with great FPS and detail. Couple floating taxi lights also but thats minor.

Here is a photo of approach from other end, looks very high too.

http://www.airliners.net/photo//1119352/&sid=404806df454c1154e85e47fb2bf8b9bb

Usually ILS approaches give inner marker, middle marker, and outer marker indicators. These have altitudes on the plate to confirm glide slope.

Those with published DME approaches also give distance and altitude.  some cross checking can confirm correct glide slope. ( ie. when marker audio and/or light comes on, check altitude.)

Tim,  If the final 1.8 miles are unusable, then it is very likely that autopilot coupled ILS approaches are NOT authorised.  Check the charts.

Many reasons for this, from local interference of the signal, which could cause the AP to disconnect, not good.  Or it could be the physical location of the localiser, not being at the threshold.  etc. etc. This would explain why the PAPI lights differ, as they are set to 3deg also. May also explain why a little high.

Never been to Monterey  so I don't really know if it's correct, and I don't have the chart.

Ron.

Yes its high. I tried it in the NGX and did a full auto land. The GS had me touch down almost more than half way down the runway. Not enough time to stop. Ran off the runway and into the valley. But thought I'd try it!

Ahhh. So nice to find the following after logging into the support forum:

1. After searching Monterey ILS - I found this thread

2. Jarrad has already made a fix !

3. Problem solved.

By the way, before this, I tried 3 planes and the ILS 10R glideslope wanted to put me down at the end of the runway. Scary when you appear through the low clouds (as have been the case this weekend at Monterey) and the see that you are too high on the final approach. Didn't make for pretty landings !

Thanks Jarrad for the fix and for your awesome airport. The performance I am getting is excellent.

Cheers.

I really like this airport!  After the patch, the ILS fix on RWY 10R works perfectly.  Lots of AI traffic, neat features.  Now one of my favorite airports.  Plan to spend much more time flying here.

Jim Kaye

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks as if there is a bit of scenery plateauing on the approach shot posted above. Does anyone else see that. FWIW, I have seen it on a handful airports within FTX and/or regional Orbx scenery boundaries, but just assumed there is not much that can be done about it, except with a bit of scenery hacking that is beyond my skills...

Sherm

G'day Ryan et al,

Please find a revised edition of the APX with corrected ILS. Just drop the appropriate (FSX or P3D2) version into your ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KMRY/scenery folder, remembering to back up the original. 

Thanks appreciate the quick response!

• 1 year later...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks as if there is a bit of scenery plateauing on the approach shot posted above. Does anyone else see that. FWIW, I have seen it on a handful airports within FTX and/or regional Orbx scenery boundaries, but just assumed there is not much that can be done about it, except with a bit of scenery hacking that is beyond my skills...

Sherm

Hello, thats the way the real airport is.i played golf at the navy golf coarse an they come in right over your head.recently they retrofiting for run of safety runway . i know this because i live here in monterey drive by and flown in to it a lot of time.have a nice day

Archived