New to Orbx, and can't seem to find a set of instructions to install some of the freeware scenery. And, I can't seem to install it on my own. I'm obviously missing something!  Here's the deal:

Fresh install (yesterday) of FSX Gold + Acceleration. No other addons, very minimal tweaks.

I've (today) downloaded and installed OrbxFTXKPDXCITYSCAPE100DUALFTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS_PACKS1to7, and FTXORBXLIBS_140518, in that order.

• Now I start up fsx, fly around KPDX, but see nothing out of the ordinary.
  • If I startup FTX Central, I see "All Orbx FTX features are disabled." I also see "Active Region - Default with OZx off."
  • Run a report, and get:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140518 18th May 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 1 - Version 1.00 August 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 2 - September 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 3 - October 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 4 - November 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 5 - December 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 6 (Hawaii) - January 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 7 - January 2014

• No errors when validating region files.

I'm unsure how to proceed.  I've clicked on the "Default" icon in the main window of FTX Central and clicked "apply", but nothing changes.

Help?

Bear in mind, that while these packs are freeware, they are freeware add-ons designed to work with the appropriate FTX payware packages installed...

The Portland Cityscape is designed to be used with the FTX Pacific Northwest region pack, and the Global Freeware Airport Packs will only function correctly if you have FTX Global installed.

Your FTX Central is correct at this point as you do not have FTX Global, nor FTX Pacific Northwest installed... So there is no FTX scenery to enable.

Just for grins I downloaded the PNW demo, and as promised it showed up in ftx central. I activated the region and headed to KHQM.

Downloading the installer as we speak...because I'm also downloading a freshly paid for NA Blue from flightsimstore. :-)

Dang...this is amazing stuff. I was actually able to *increase* almost every setting in FSX, *and* check the AA box.

Um, yeah...sold.  ^-^

BTW, do I need to uninstall OrbxFTXKPDXCITYSCAPE100DUALFTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS_PACKS1to7, and FTXORBXLIBS_140518 before I install the full version of NA Blue? Or do I just uninstall the demo, install the full version, then re-install the libs?

Archived