Finally back on deck.

Tassie

After a long break I have finally been  able to get back to Flight Siming. A clean install of windows and a new vid card should get things running smoothly again.( My problem was a dead SSD).

But I have a huge dilemma, my copy of FSX is corrupted! Should I purchase a new one or take the plunge and move over to LM?

I know that this question will probably open a can of worms but I am interested in the views of those on the forum.

From what I can see P3D still has some issues.

Cheers Rick.

Hi Rick, Congrats on the new computer gear.

I switched over to P3D as soon as v2.2 was released. P3D 2.2 is stable now and has many improvements over FSX - too many to list for me, though some are having issues.

One other thing ... much of the Orbx scenery has not yet been made compatible with v2.2 yet. However, Orbx is making installers for 2.2 at a steady pace (thank you Orbx ::) )

I say switch over - you will not regret it.

The main problem now if one was to call it that is not all the 3rd party adons have been enhanced for p3dv2. I'm busting for more orbx Australia airports and canberra cityscape as well as some add on aircraft. Hopefully over time the ecosystem will catchup. P3dv2.2 still has a range of bugs but it keeps getting better every release.

If you intend to use Orbx scenery predominantely or solely, buy P3D.

If you want to fly PMDG here and now and use many of the older sceneries available, go for FSX.

Or, what the heck, FSX is very affordable nowadays... buy both.  :D  It won't hurt. From what I've learned so far you might want to consider two seperate HDs for the two sims.

I mainly use ORBX scenery, re my Sig, so other than my add on aircraft, it should be a rather painless crossover. Friends over for dinner, red wine time.

I look forward to tomorrow's posts and a lively discussion.

I plan to only have one sim format. Big decision  time. :banghead:

Cheers, Rick

I'll be following this thread Rick, thanks for your initial query. If I may slightly hijack I would like to know if LM is any better displaying on a three screen set up? Rick it's great to see you up and running again, a clean install does wonders......there are just not enough hours in the day. Oh how I wish I could do that without some sacrifices. All the best mate :)

Archived