KMRY low amounts of trees?

Meta

Hi,

FSX.  I installed KMRY and the latest libraries.  It looks great!...except there are very few trees.  I see lots of palm trees...mostly palm trees, I think.  Tried turning off the custom trees.  Tried turning them back on.  Also tried reinstalling.  My sliders are full right.  Here's are two pics...the second is similar to one of the screenshots on the product page.  

l6q90en.jpg

0ZjKMCC.jpg

I also flushed my scenery cache.  The grass is showing up...marinas, landmarks, Cannery Row and all the buildings...everything looks good except for the missing trees.

G'day Meta,

The issue you are seeing is a lack of any NCA-unique autogen types - all the vegetation you do see is either default autogen types, or non-autogen vegetation (grass, custom trees etc). Whilst not saying for sure, you might be getting a false positive at KRDD due to there being a greater reliance on default tree types there, ie it would be far less obvious if the NCA types were missing. 

That being said, could you try downloading and reinstalling a copy of the latest orbxlibs, and see if that does the trick?

Cheers,

Jarrad

No worries Meta,

Before I consult our Autogen gurus, a couple of quick points to check off:

1. Could you go to your Flight Simulator X/autogen folder and confirm the size and date modified of your autogendescriptions.spb 

2. Could you also go to your Flight Simulator X/scenery/global/scenery and confirm you have a file named ORBX_NCA_AGN_Trees.BGL present

3. Just to confirm this is not a Monterey-area issue, could you go to O85 Benton (part of Redding), and take a screenshot from about 300f-500ft looking towards Mercy Hospital?

Cheers,

Jarrad

No worries Meta,

Before I consult our Autogen gurus, a couple of quick points to check off:

1. Could you go to your Flight Simulator X/autogen folder and confirm the size and date modified of your autogendescriptions.spb  355KB last mod: 5/3/2012 3:57AM

2. Could you also go to your Flight Simulator X/scenery/global/scenery and confirm you have a file named ORBX_NCA_AGN_Trees.BGL present  I have that file

3. Just to confirm this is not a Monterey-area issue, could you go to O85 Benton (part of Redding), and take a screenshot from about 300f-500ft looking towards Mercy Hospital?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Answers above...screenshots below.

Gregg

i4wNK1s.jpgHD6zfhd.jpg

I am!  Oh, and the rest of Norcal...it looks a lot different now too.  I have a lot of re-exploring to do. 

After years, I finally have a Monterey that looks like Monterey.

Gregg

• 2 months later...

Archived