DX10 screen shots....

alainneedle1

Those screenies are great.  While the initial outcome of the DX10 "Preview" was was overwhelmingly underwhelming  ;D I believe there was much promise.  Whether we see any more development in that direction for the MSFS franchise remains uncertain I guess with the demise of the ACES team.

Cheers and thanks for posting,

I personally think the frame counter on screenies looks crap and I try to take it out of my shots.

It's not a contest for frame rates.

Frank

Dear Frank,

after reviewing your comment here is my answer,

frame rate is helping me "tweeking" my PC for the best possible image and performance.

As you can see from the pictures I posted, some do have frame rate showing and some do not, why is that would you ask...

well.... the pictures with frame rate are helping me a lot when I want to compare frame rate from place to place to see what

will be the best possible "tweeking" solution to keep my frame rate average as high as possible all over the world.

Trust me Frank, I was not trying to show off what my PC can do with the frame rate but what DX10 can do with FSX

and I should not at the same time refrained myself from posting what I think is a good picture because the frame rate are showing.

I truly respect your opinion.

Sincerely,

Alain

I must admit to being confused.    Is Vista 64x overtaken already?  And as for DX10, I thought that was only available as a preview and DX11 only in the imagination of the developers until they all got the 'push' due to the depression.  So, where are you fellers getting the full DX10, DX11 and/or Windows 7 which I've never heard of?

John

I must admit to being confused.    Is Vista 64x overtaken already?   And as for DX10, I thought that was only available as a preview and DX11 only in the imagination of the developers until they all got the 'push' due to the depression.  So, where are you fellers getting the full DX10, DX11 and/or Windows 7 which I've never heard of?

John

Hi! John, DX10 is in Vista only and you need to have Acceleration pack to be able to use it, as far as DX11 I think you can have it with window 7, you can get window 7 as a beta only until august I think, I think the release of window 7 will be sometime late next year..not sure...hope this help......

Thanks for the explanation Alain.  Peanutbutterjelly said;  'well i use it, and dx11 too  as in windows 7' so I suppose he must be a BETA tester for them.  I must admit to being surprised that DX10 seems to be working well somewhere.  When I tried the preview it was awful so I've not bothered with it since.

Best wishes

John 

Hi! John, you don't need to be a beta tester to try window 7, you can download it from Microsoft somewhere on their website.....if you are going to download window 7 make sure you are going to use another PC than your primary just in case something goes wrong with it.......

Safe flight,

Alain

Oh, I see.  Yes, I could download it on to my wife's computer so if it all went pear shaped it wouldn't mess up mine.  On second thoughts, she might not be best pleased though! ;D

Isn't this technology a wonderful thing?  Its just struck home to me that we're having a conversation between Fort Lauderdale, U.S.A., and sleepy little Minehead in Somerset, England via Australia and the messages are taking only minutes.  Its not possible is it?  I don't think I'll ever lose my wonder at the things that are possible now-a-days that had never been dreamed of only a few years ago.

I'm sure magic is involved somewhere!

John

I use DX10 preview with Vista 64 and it makes a really big difference to frames, so much so that I no longer use DX9 at all.

The downside is slight shimmering of water and trees and no textures on most OzX ai aircraft apart from a few such as the A320 Jetstar.

Frank

I use DX10 preview with Vista 64 and it makes a really big difference to frames, so much so that I no longer use DX9 at all.

The downside is slight shimmering of water and trees and no textures on most OzX ai aircraft apart from a few such as the A320 Jetstar.

Frank

That is true about the shimmering but it is a small trade off for the huge gain I get in FPS in my case, my frame rate average between 30 and 60 inside the cockpit, more outside sometimes, now talk to me about a smooth and enjoyable flight.

I will post more pic from the cockpit later including frame rate + the location I like the best, it's a small Hawaiian island with incredible landscape caused by volcano...........to be continue

Using dx10 with Vista32 did help alot with performance, however using windows7 64bit DX10 and DX9 are absolutely identical, on my computer anyways.

Don't know about window7 since I use Vista Ultimate 64-bit but I know DX10 is a lot better for water rendering, mirror, or something like that and the sky, I see a big difference on water between DX9 and DX10.

I will post more pic tomorrow and I'll let you all be the judge on that.

Archived