SEA Autogen Issue

Hey guys,

First post over here, and before I get into anything, I really have to say that orbx has really revolutionized my sim experience.  It's amazing.

In searching (albeit briefly), I couldn't find anything directly related to my own setup, so I figured I'd create a new post.

I usually don't fly into SEA, so, despite my many hours of flying over my FTX Global scenery, I haven't run into this issue until recently.  Last night, I was flying into SEA, and all the way up until short final, everything was normal.  Right on short final (maybe 1nm out), the sim loaded a whole bunch of autogen all over SEA, which covered the runways, ramps, and taxiways with houses and trees.

The thread I did find to be very similar said that someone should create an exclude under the add-on scenery (I have a SEA AFCAD that I'm using).  Would that be the solution here, or is there a patch I'm missing in either FTX or PNW that addresses this?

Kyle Rodgers

FTX Global - FSS0222087 | PNW - FSS0092617

Hi Kyle,

welcome to Orbx and thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

First thing I'd check is to remove any third-party KSEA files just to make sure it's not an issue with the PNW installation. We supply our own airport facilities files for the airport (in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery) and they should certainly not lead to rogue autogen.

Assuming it's the add-on KSEA AFCAD (ADE) file the key is to either not exclude the airport grass background polygon (the tag "Mask Class Map" or "Parks" in ADE) or to add your own grass poly.

Cheers, Holger

Assuming it's the add-on KSEA AFCAD (ADE) file the key is to either not exclude the airport grass background polygon (the tag "Mask Class Map" or "Parks" in ADE) or to add your own grass poly.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger!

I got rid of the extra AFCAD, but the issue persists.  I also found that I'm having airport elevation issues at most all of my PNW airports, so I'm thinking it might just be an issue with my installation.  Perhaps the best course of action is to uninstall/reinstall?

Kyle Rodgers

FTX Global - FSS0222087 | PNW - FSS0092617

Archived