KMRY Monterey is Prepar3d

Fantastic shots :) Hows the ride within v2.2?

Thanks! The ride is smooth and stable, and the FPS are great for the extremely dense and high lighting settings that I'm using for the shots. I use a profile for screenshots that kills FPS (less than 10 FPS in the Seattle area), but even with the extremely high settings the FPS never dipped below ~20 FPS (with it set to 30 locked) in an FPS hog like the MV 407 on my aging system. :)

Keep in mind that this is with everything on, as I haven't a control panel yet to test disabling the little stuff to get that extra 5-10 FPS like I do with other Orbx airports.

Thanks! The ride is smooth and stable, and the FPS are great for the extremely dense and high lighting settings that I'm using for the shots. I use a profile for screenshots that kills FPS (less than 10 FPS in the Seattle area), but even with the extremely high settings the FPS never dipped below ~20 FPS (with it set to 30 locked) in an FPS hog like the MV 407 on my aging system. :)

Keep in mind that this is with everything on, as I haven't a control panel yet to test disabling the little stuff to get that extra 5-10 FPS like I do with other Orbx airports.

Thanks Phil for the info, that helps alot :) ATM my system is performing quite well at high settings so i guess KMRY will run just perfectly on it. Despite the fact that it is a coastal airfield. They perform usually better than the ones laying more inland.

I use a profile for screenshots that kills FPS (less than 10 FPS in the Seattle area), but even with the extremely high settings the FPS never dipped below ~20 FPS (with it set to 30 locked) in an FPS hog like the MV 407 on my aging system. 

There are profiles in FSX? Or is it just a way of you saying that you change settings manually using some per-determined settings?

There are profiles in FSX? Or is it just a way of you saying that you change settings manually using some per-determined settings?

There are profiles in P3D and FSX. From the display settings in each sim there is an option to save and load different profiles, and from the menu bar in FSX during flight.

I personally use and endorse Simstarter for P3D, a donationware launcher that is absolutely awesome.

Archived