Start FSX and airplane is way above runway

Meta

I upgraded to the latest vector and now when I load the sim the airplane starts out sitting several hundred feet above the runway.  This seems to happen at all airports.  The fix is to slew, press the down arrow once and then turn off slew.  While I can't say for certain that this is a problem caused by Vector, it's the only broad change I've made to my sim.  Any suggestions?

Hey Guys Add KMRY to the float list  . Airport Ele: is 263.1ft. Vectors is showing 211.1ft.  this is with NCA pack, and tested with the KMRY both enabled, and disabled. 

This is totally new to me. Where are your VECTOR scenery library entries? Does it happen with all planes? Do you see any other anomalies in the surroundign scenery other than your plane hovering?

Bernd

Sorry...been very busy.  Vector is at entries 75-78.  I know it happens to the Turbine Duke...I'll have to research if it happens to others or not.  I don't see any anomolies (except that around some airports it's like they're impressed below the terrain some).  I do have the latest update.  If I knew what kinds of things could cause this I'd look for them. 

Gregg

This has happened to me a couple of times to. I start at the end of the runway a 100 feet or so high and just sit there. When I start to taxi I drop and crash.

Unfortunately I can't remember what airports they were. I think I just picked a different runway or gate and it was fine. Not sure if it's a vector issue or not?

This has happened to me a couple of times to. I start at the end of the runway a 100 feet or so high and just sit there. When I start to taxi I drop and crash.

Unfortunately I can't remember what airports they were. I think I just picked a different runway or gate and it was fine. Not sure if it's a vector issue or not?

If you do a momentary slew (Y key) and press an arrow then unslew (Y key again) it'll probably put you on the ground.

Gregg

If I remember correctly CZST Stewart had a similar issue putting my plane at 1,000Ft if I started a flight there and did not specify one end of the runway or the other. If I left it at any "active runway" then I was up high. But I also don't think that was Vector related issue.

If I remember correctly CZST Stewart had a similar issue putting my plane at 1,000Ft if I started a flight there and did not specify one end of the runway or the other. If I left it at any "active runway" then I was up high. But I also don't think that was Vector related issue.

That's interesting.  Do you remember what aircraft and what finally corrected it?

I don't think the plane mattered. I remember having it happen to me in the stock ultralite and some payware addons. The key was not assigning a runway to be setup at. There was at least one if not 2 threads on it last year I think. Flying in was not a problem, just starting a flight there was. Don't know if a patch was issued or not. I'll see if I can duplicate it again tomorrow. As this PC is and has only ever been Orbx / FSGlobal Mesh only there can be no interference from some other addon.

I don't know how to post a link but search this Forum under "CZST" and find a post dated April 26, 2013 titled "CZST Elevation Problem" started by birdguy. Read the entire thread for what was happening.

Note: At that time I was on an older box (2700) with FSGenesis mesh and Orbx. 

I just retested at CZST, the trike is no longer at 1,000 feet at RW36. Instead it sits on RW36 with the engine not running. A few seconds later FSX sends me out to the small window with choices to: End Flight / Continue Flying / Analyze Flight. I hit Continue, go into outside view, hit Control E to start the engine and instead of the prop rotating around the drive shaft, the prop stays stationary and the plane rotates around the drive shaft causing a crash, an automatic reload, and all is now fine - as in sitting on the runway with engine running. Craziest thing ever and it's 100% reproducable for me.

I applied the 1.10 CZST patch back in January but still have this odd issue there. The only thing I note is there are those swaying trees alongside RW36 end and no way to turn them off in the control panel for CZST. Of all the addon AP's I have this is the only one with an issue so I just ignore it. As I haven't purchased/installed Vector yet in my case it can't be a Vector issue.

EgM83.jpg

I just retested at CZST, the trike is no longer at 1,000 feet at RW36. Instead it sits on RW36 with the engine not running. A few seconds later FSX sends me out to the small window with choices to: End Flight / Continue Flying / Analyze Flight. I hit Continue, go into outside view, hit Control E to start the engine and instead of the prop rotating around the drive shaft, the prop stays stationary and the plane rotates around the drive shaft causing a crash, an automatic reload, and all is now fine - as in sitting on the runway with engine running. Craziest thing ever and it's 100% reproducable for me.

I applied the 1.10 CZST patch back in January but still have this odd issue there. The only thing I note is there are those swaying trees alongside RW36 end and no way to turn them off in the control panel for CZST. Of all the addon AP's I have this is the only one with an issue so I just ignore it. As I haven't purchased/installed Vector yet in my case it can't be a Vector issue.

I've had this happen as well.  Again, the slew trick worked fine.  I wonder what's causing this.

Archived