Uninstalled iceland demo, now have DX10 black lights :-(

Jonathan T

Hi guys

I followed the instructions when uninstalling the Iceland OFF demo (I think) but I still have some bits of global it installed kicking around, including those lights that don't work in DX10. 

I've just re-checked the guide and it say that after running the installer and starting the sim there should be a warning about missing scenery. I didn't get that warning, and there are no obvious global or vector entries in the scenery library to remove like step 3 says either.

Is it reinstall time, and if so is this a full FSX reinstall, or is there some way to get all my FTX products back as they were?

Looks like the demo replaced the old Orbx lights. The new ones show up as black boxes in DX10 without the fixer. Since this is an Orbx-specific thing try reinstalling PNW and 3W5. If that is all you have from Orbx things should be back to "normal".

Cheers

Mallard

(who ran FSX in DX10 for quite a while without the fixer and without the tweaks found on Steve's site - it was just when I piled up the scenery that I had to turn it off before the fixer came along...)

How do you run DX10 than?

Spirit

He could have used the pre-Fixer fixes. Which only scratched the surface of DX10.

If you mean Steve's dx10 fixer I don't have it. I've not find any need for it. Yet.

That may well be the problem. If you want DX10 to work properly, you'll need to pay!

Archived