Alaska - Water color problem

rafgath

Hi there,

hmmm, never seen that strong of a contrast before. All of the NA regions include their own water textures and placement files (=waterclass), which extent a few dozen miles offshore. If you're using general (=global) water texture replacements that are much different than the default set I suppose the boundary between our and the default waterclass would stick out more. I can't think of any fix other than trying to find a different set for your global replacements than the turquoise type visible in your screenshot.

Cheers, Holger

For me it looks like some problem with the edge of Alaska region. I have all ORBX regions and I have never seen something like this. Please find attached photo showing where my plane exactly was located (yellow rectangle / plane was moving to south) when I took above screenshot. As you can see this strong water contrast is existing in the same place where is the blue line of Alaska region. Could someone check it for me. I have installed only all listed below regions+Global+Vector+some Orbx Airports+REX Direct Textures.

81sc.jpg

Hi there,

maybe something else is going on. I've checked the area and, assuming you were indeed within the yellow box, you were still many miles north of the SAK waterclass boundary, which is located quite a ways south of Middleton Island (PAMD) just north of N59. Even if you're right on top of the boundary it's barely visible as my screenshot shows, at least with default or similar water textures (I use REX Essential Plus with "Ocean Blue" and "FTX Calm").

So you don't have any other add-ons above the FTX block that includes the four SAK entries? Also, what are your display settings for Level of Detail Radius and Water Effects? And I assume we're talking FSX; with our without DX10 Preview?

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-01531100-1400029387_thumb.jpg

Yes it is FSX and I don't use DX10 preview as well as any other add-ons. Water effects is high 2x but LOD I've changed in cfg to 6.5 and it might be the reason. Tomorrow I'll change it back to 4.5 and check what happens.

Regards

Hi there,

indeed, it's like I suggested in my first response: you're using ocean water texture replacements that are very different in hue and brightness from default and thus they clash with the SAK textures. I can even tell you that it's 324b2su1.bmp and 330b2su1.bmp, in \Scenery\World\texture, which were replaced, as those are the two ocean water classes (#24 and #30) used in that area. 

I'd suggest experimenting with the REX control panel's choice of water colors. Perhaps first setting it back to default (if possible), to cross-check that it returns a match similar to my screenshot, and then select others that you find suitable and check again whether they better match with our ocean textures.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived