Very bright Runway and Taxiway lights at KJAC, KRDD and KBZN

Meta

Hi,

Is there a way to turn down the runway and taxiway lights at KJAC, KRDD and KBZN?  They're extremely bright.  Runway lights (HIRLs), typically have 5 settings and these look like 4 or 5...which would be reserved for very bad weather.  I've attached some screenshots of various airports I have including KRDD and KBZN.

KIAD Flightbeam

090l8rq.pngKSAC Orbx NCA

7ltIs2S.jpgKTPA FlyTampa

stsy8Cp.jpg

CYYV FSDT

dma3GGB.pngKBZN 

MHC8Zch.png

KRDD

3goM01Z.jpg

Thanks.

Hi :)

you could try and add this to your fsX.cfg under the [Display] section

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

you can lower the numbers or rise them to adapt the light intensity to your personal taste

Hi :)

you could try and add this to your fsX.cfg under the [Display] section

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

you can lower the numbers or rise them to adapt the light intensity to your personal taste

Does that affect all lights?  I'm happy with the lights at the other airports.

G'day Meta,

As Wulf points to, I have previously made some different options for the rwy lights at Bozeman. These will also make changes at KRDD as they call on the same .fx files. Unfortunately I can't offer a similar remedy for KJAC, as these call on fx files used in other previous airports and would have an unintended effect on those. 

As a point of reference, FX will often display differently on individual setups - brightness can be effected by screen resolution, HDR settings and other tweaks. I would agree that your first screenshot does definitely show lights too bright - interesting to note that on my system they look about 50% duller. 

Hope the different options available in the linked post will give you the results you are after.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived