runway elevation and texture problems of FTX Juneau

fltboy

Hi,

When I first installed FTX Juneau v1, it worked properly.

Recently, after updating it to v1.1, I noticed that it did not work properly,

with runway texture and elevation problems shown below:

awPVl.jpg

3NzbQ.jpg

XTc7W.jpg

q8OUi.jpg

SjDIw.jpg

Other installed FTX products in my FSX are:

Global 1.2

Vector 1.15

SAK 1.003

PNW SP8

Please advise how to solve the problem.

Patrick Ho

awPVl.jpg

3NzbQ.jpg

XTc7W.jpg

q8OUi.jpg

SjDIw.jpg

Hi Holger,

I seem to have the same issue, just in my case it follows the taxi lines. I also sink while on runway. FTX Global, FTX Vector and PAJN are all up to date and with use of FS Global 2010. I did run the auto configurator on FTXV 1.15 but still same problem, please see pic´s below...

2014-5-6_18-55-13-413_zps0bd3a985.png

2014-5-6_18-55-41-473_zpsa217c731.png

2014-5-6_18-57-21-553_zps9d81afb7.png

It seems to happen on both end of runways. On active runway, it starts you up on the water.  UTX was also uninstalled recently, but I did/do get a report from FTX Central which say´s...

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

D:\FSX\Scenery\Global\Texture\BridgeRoads.dds

Any help is welcome!

Holger, if you prefer me to open up a new thread, then no problem just say so, thanks!

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

please have another look at the thread I referenced above; it links to a post of mine with specific instructions regarding searches for third-party conflicts.

As for the bridgeroads.dss message that's a known issue with the Ultimate Terrain X uninstaller removing that particular default file. You can find  a copy of the original in this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67267-pop-up-message-missing-file-for-iceland-demo-install/?p=617416

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Thank you for your help! The missing BridgesRoads.dds find was great, thanks for that one, but the other links that refer to the three products mentioned are not on my HD, so I don´t use them. As per your guidence I took two screen shots of what PAJN.BGL files are on my FSX drive, please see below... Hope that helps and thanks again Holger!

n_1_zpsc7049773.jpg

n_2_zps7d31c5dc.jpg

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for the screenshots. Looks like you're missing the crucial ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL in \Scenery\World\scenery. For SAK alone there should be 29 "ADE_FTX_SAK_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment.BGL" files in that folder. Do you have any?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your prompt reply.Here are the search results of PAJN.bgl files on my computer:

xk8yB.jpg

oCbq.jpg

Please advise on further action I should take to solve my problem.

Regards,

fltboy

Hi Holger,

I moved FTX_AA_PAJN to the top of the scenery library in FSX. The result showed some improvement but two runway textures

were still discernible as below:

tFlk1.jpg

vj8Ry.jpg

By the way, I have installed the latest Orbxlib. Does it have any impact on the runway textures?

fltboy

Hi Holger,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Here´s a screen shot and there´s 29 in SAK...

n_3_zps1219b8e9.jpg

I hope it´s the right directory (world). Thanks so much for your help Holger!

Care,

MIke

Hi guys,

@ fltboy: in your case it's probably the last file in your list, AFX_PAJN.bgl, in the Traffic360 folder; deactivating it by renaming .bgl to .off should do the trick.

@ Mike: all those files have the .OFF extension meaning they are inactive. With FTX Central set to North America they should have a .bgl extension. Try cycling FTX Central between different settings, pressing Apply each time, then set it back to NA and check whether the files have been renamed to .bgl. If not then something is preventing access to those files.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi guys,

@ fltboy: in your case it's probably the last file in your list, AFX_PAJN.bgl, in the Traffic360 folder; deactivating it by renaming .bgl to .off should do the trick.

@ Mike: all those files have the .OFF extension meaning they are inactive. With FTX Central set to North America they should have a .bgl extension. Try cycling FTX Central between different settings, pressing Apply each time, then set it back to NA and check whether the files have been renamed to .bgl. If not then something is preventing access to those files.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

I did play with the settings as advised and when set to NA, all files are .bgl now, but if I set it back to FTX Global the root is the same as my last screen shot above with the off extensions. Is there a issue with this when set to FTX Global?

Thanks again Holger for your kind help.

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

there are two different Global modes, with and without the Hybrid checkbox selected. Only in hybrid mode will the regions and their airport elevations be active while the mode without Hybrid is meant to be the equivalent of the pre-Global "Default" button, with the exception that any separate Orbx airport addons will remain active as well. 

Cheers, Holger 

Archived