PAJN Flattening?

ron6468

Just installed Juneau (PAJN). Looks amazing, however, even though I seem to be able to taxi, takeoff and land with no issues, all the AI aircraft are landing and taxiing 20' off the ground. I did notice that some of the ground elevations around the airport are not correct either.

I added Global Vector to the FTX Global and I also have Pilots FS Global 2010 for FTX. None of the other FTX airports have a problem except Juneau.

I have no other Juneau 3rd party scenery of any kind.

Thanks for the reply. I have discovered several anomalies in the areas I like to fly from eastern to western Canada and determined it was Ultimate Terrain. Even though I disabled everything in UT other than the landclass, it was exactly the landclass that caused the problem. I decided in the end to remove UT completely from Canada and the US and all my elevation issues went away.

This was all after installing Vector which looks spectacular. Can't wait for the FTX LC though as there are now quite a few areas with other anomalies such as a Lake Ontario adjacent to Toronto with trees everywhere in the lake.

• 9 months later...

The issue I have is that the airport does not show up in the FTX Vector Configurator Version 1.20. But I will show you how I solved the issue.

My system settings and software:

HARDWARE:

2015 Apple i Mac

INTEL i5 4570S  Quad Core @ 2.90 GHz

8 Gb of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT750 M

APPLE HDD 1TB

WD HDD 1TB external drive

SOFTWARE:

Windows7 64 bit

FSX SP2 acceleration

FTX Global Version 1.5

FTX Vector Version 1.2

ORBX Southern Alaska SP4

ORBX PAJN Juneau Alaska Version 1.10

Steves DX10 Fixer

REX4

Active Sky Next

EZ Camera

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said, the issue is at PAJN Juneau Alaska Airport. The terrain is not correct, the buildings are elevated, and the runways bellow the surface. Here are two pictures of what is happening.

VEC0_zps1b2n60ly.png

VEC01_zps3oplfcmz.png

I have tried using the FTX Vector Configurator tool but the airport will not show up in the tool.

VEC2_zpsleshuql5.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is step by step on how I manually disabled the file to correct the issue.

STEP1. Open your main FSX folder and look for the folder that say's ORBX.

VEC9_zpsynpu4rzw.png

STEP2. Open the ORBX Folder and select the FTX_VECTOR folder.

VEC3_zpsh0dpzdh1.png

STEP3. Open the FTX_VECTOR Folder and select the FTX_VECTOR_APT folder.

VEC4_zpsvo2dqdvq.png

STEP4. Now open the scenery folder.

VEC5_zpsxstukkz5.png

STEP5. Now scroll down till you find the file named ABP_PAJN.bgl

VEC6_zpse2iz2dhq.png

STEP6. Now right click on the fie and select RENAME. You will rename this file ABP_PAJN_Default.Inactive.

VEC7_zpskxekly37.png

STEP7. It will ask you this. SELECT YES.

VEC8_zpsp2cwrltp.png

Now the file is disabled and the airport will look like this.

VEC11_zpsyy3oxclf.png

Very easy to change back just rename the file ABP_PAJN.bgl and select yes and it will go back to where we started from.

I hope this helps you.

Rob.

Archived