Got my mobo back

tennyson

I just picked up my broken Asus P6T motherboard today.

It's been away for RA since the 12th of January. I am fuming!!

I'd changed distributors and went to a high profile Brisbane distributor. It was a mistake.

Their RA is terrible. Communication is zero and they treat you like an idiot.

I won't be buying anything from them again. I just hope that I have smooth sailing from my 3000 buck investment now. I don't want to have to deal with them again, thas for sure!!

It's all back together and I'm just awaiting my new MCP to arrive from the States in the next day or two and then I'll be flying the pants off my heavies for a while.

Frank

I now how you feel Frank . !

I work for one of Victoria's  biggest Computer distributors and know about "RA" and the polices ! and it Sucks, Prices,Profit and Sell Sell mentality are now what keeps you in a job!

Customer service and looking after the consumer after the sale seems to go out the window.

I for one am no longer allowed to teach customer service  principals to my Junior Staff ,If anything is faulty its returned to the factory,

all network equipment the consumer has to get the RA sorted out themselves ,its sad and as retailer  I understand the customers frustration over the time issues  I'd rather see return and replace for the 1st 12 months from place of purchase(if stocks in )  !

I bet you went to GameDude.....They have the turn over of products but their service used to be rubbish.

Took 2 months to get a HDD replaced myself from them after it failed. I don't ever shop there anymore.

They are pretty poor.  I've never tried to return anything myself and haven't purchased from them since I've heard heaps of horror stories.

That's not the store I am thinking of in my previous post!! :)

Yeah guys,

It's not gamedude, but I'd rather not say who. I still gotta deal with them, but they probably are the biggest distributors (online) in Brissie.

On a brighter note, I am once more happy with the Asus gear.

I plugged it all back in and it fired up first go.

Everything is working as per advertised and I'm back in the air. I stick to my guns when I say it was a BIOS issue and all they had to do was update the BIOS.

I gotta say tho, I've been using another machine whilst mine was away (quad core with 4Gb RAM and a 9800 GTX+) and I loded Windows 7 on it.

It was truly amazing.

The graphics were crisp and clear and no stutters or blurries. I also did my first repaint for the Cessna Citation Mustang using this computer and although I had a lot of teething problems it got the job done.

However, having said all that, it was buggy and unpredictable, yeah, yeah I know it's Beta software.

Vista on this platform (i7 940 with 12gb RAM and an 9800GX2) is rock solid. No crashes, no blurries, no jitters, just rock solid.

It was so nice last night to load up the 737 and fly from Launy to Melbourne without a hitch, beautiful scenery, perfect weather, a real treat.

That's not to say that I won't be lined up to buy Windows 7 the day they release it.

As well, my new VRInsight MCP hit brisbane airport at 9.00am this morning and I'm waiting for it to be delivered as we speak, so I'll be reporting on that in the next few days, for those heavy flyers who might be interested.

Anyway, back to flying......

Frank

Archived