Problem with FSDT KLAS and Vector 1.10 in P3Dv2.2

Hi,

I have Vector 1.1 on top of FTX Global 1.20 and latest 140405 libs installed in P3Dv2.20 with the latest hotfixes installed.

When I installed FS Dream Team's KLAS Las Vegas airport, I had an elevation issue, was getting raised berms around the airport and in between taxiways etc. So I exited the sim, and ran the AEC tool in the Vector Configurator for P3D2 and moved KLAS to disabled, hit apply and then loaded up the sim again (using default Carenado A36). The sim loads up ok, but as soon as it reaches 100%, I see the cockpit briefly without any scenery and then P3D2 shuts down to the desktop without an error message. If I enable KLAS again in the tool it loads ok, but again I am faced with elevation issues.

Here's a screeny of what I see:

Uh84B.jpg

Anyone have any ideas how to correct?

Thanks

Jack

I had a similar problem. It seems that vector did not make notations in my scenery cfg file. You can check out #28 in the topic Raised Aprons Taxiways and Runways.  The correction worked for me.   Good Luck.

BW

I spoke too soon.  i still have the mountain like elevations at KSEA, but my CFG file is correct so that I can uninstall vector if I need too.

What did work for me was to uncheck Vector_Obj in the scenery settings menu...with obj unchecked the mountain like elevations disappeared.  I did note that an aircraft landing did not land but remained elevated.

BW

Seems I may have solved my problems. After the hotfix, FSDT had brought out a new standalone Addon Manager which was supposed to fix things. That didn't work for me, but by re-downloading the airport installers, then running the standalone Addon manager and finally disabling the airports in the Vector Config tool, I seem to have fixed KDFW. Hope to try the same with KLAS tonight.

BW, I have not been having any problems at KSEA, I suspect my problems were more to do with FSDT than with FTX Global Vector.

Cheers

Jack

Jack thanks for the follow up. I was having issues with Vector and addon airports like you mentioned in P3D and removed everything KISS.  I want to put Vector back in as I have it in FSX but didnt want to cause CTD and elevation issues as you and others like myself have seen.  I think I will still wait on the update of Vector before installing it, but am slowly adding addons to P3D and will use this knowledge tohelp prevent me from having issues as I do.

Well, all the airports from FSDT and Flightbeam have installed ok now, except for KLAS. With AEC enabled I have elevation problems at the airport, and with it disabled P3D crashes to desktop without an error message every time.

Hope the forthcoming version of Vector will resolve this, for now I guess I'll live without KLAS.

Cheers

Jack

• 1 month later...

Hi Newmanix,

since writing about the above problems, I have installed vector v1.15, and again installed FSDT's KLAS. This time after running the Autoconfiguration tool, everything was hunky dory at KLAS and I no longer have any problems.

I'm finding generally that by using saved profiles I am no longer having any problems anywhere on my system. I start off by selecting either FTX Global, Oceania, Europe or N. America in FTX Central. Then I run the Autoconfiguration tool, let it do it's job, hit apply and then save as a profile for the region in question. Then any time I add a new scenery, I simply load the profile for the specific region, run autoconfiguration again (much faster now than the first run), hit apply again and then re-save the profile. Since I have been doing this, I have not experienced any elevation issues at any of my add-on airports.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jack

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put an update on this post because none of it worked for me using vector + Global + Pilot's FSGlobal 2010 FTX compatible. I did find a true fix after all and it was released way back in 2009 but it is buried in the FSDT forum. One of the devs made a higher resolution mesh that fixes it perfectly.

about half way through the thread is a tiny link to a file that fixes it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2396.0.html

and a link to the custom mesh:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2396.0;attach=5544

just replace the file of the same name in your FSDT KLAS folder

Archived