PAYA Missing helipads

Ticker7

Hi Guys great job on this scenery as usual but I have just noticed that even if you start on the Helipad nothing shows up yet in the default global settings without PAYA there are two not a major problem but thought I'd let you know.

Hi Guys great job on this scenery as usual but I have just noticed that even if you start on the Helipad nothing shows up yet in the default global settings without PAYA there are two not a major problem but thought I'd let you know.

There aren't actually any true helipads at Yakutat, however when helicopters visit they typically land in the concrete tiles where I placed the helipads. I think it's because the concrete tiles hold more weight than the asphalt apron can.

Just watch out for the DC-3!

There aren't actually any true helipads at Yakutat, however when helicopters visit they typically land in the concrete tiles where I placed the helipads. I think it's because the concrete tiles hold more weight than the asphalt apron can.

Just watch out for the DC-3!

Good guess Alex, that is exactly why they are concrete.  A helicopter doesn't spread it's weight as well as a plane can and also blacktop has a habit of getting soft in decent heat. Plane's just take a bit more power to get our of any sunken area if that happened.  A helicopter on the other hand if it gets a skid that sticks on pick up is potentially fatal and can lead to a dynamic rollover situation.  That's very heavily taught when you learn to fly helicopters, to make sure that you have skid movement before pulling collective :)

Archived