Subscription Model?

Perk

I've been considering getting back into FSX/P3D after several years flying X-Plane - mostly because of the Orbx videos I keep seeing on Youtube.  As someone who hasn't been investing in FSX products for the last several years however, the cost of switching back and buying enough add-ons to provide a "2014 experience" seems awfully high.

So that left me wondering.  Have you ever seriously considered a subscription model to go along with the normal sales model?  Where I balk at dropping several hundred dollars up front, I'd happily pay $15-20 a month for access to the whole library, even under the stipulation that I'd lose access to it if I ever canceled my subscription...

Cheers,

Perk

You want to be careful with subscription models, especially with socalled "lifetime" subscriptions.    I had an FSgenesis Galaxy lifetime subscription for mesh and eventhough they are still in business I cannot access the Galaxy Files anymore because of a new business model, luckily I backed up my data before this happened but it still sucks.   Also, most of the world that I fly was covered with what I was able to download.     Sorry if this turned into a rant and can be deleted by the moderators.

Mike

Archived