Avro Lancaster Flight -Wow!

Mikelab6

Ross McLennan and Koos van Menen have put together a series of flights for FSX celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Lancaster raids on the Moehne and Eder Dams. This is an accurate and thorough depiction of those raids by 617 Squadron RAF, including training flights and practice runs. The aircraft is a port over from FS2004 but serves well for these missions. If you follow the instructions carefully you'll have a great time, and come to appreciate the difficulty of these missions and why so many aircraft were lost.

I flew the entire set, with moderate success on the bombing runs, and highly recommend them to those who enjoy historical accuracy.

They can be found on FlightSim and Simviation in two parts plus an update for WVA. A search on "McLennan" will find them, along with some other fine work of his.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant separate the Lancaster and Spitfire as my favourite aircraft of all time... (Same for my Dad as well)

I know its not the same but a good few years ago my mum got my dad this (below link) present for his Birthday... Its not a flight (as of course they're arent many Lancaster's flying these days) but was certainly the next best thing

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/lancaster-taxy-rides/

• 1 month later...

I live very close to a Lancaster that they are trying to get in the air again. At the moment you can buy a taxi ride on it, or for less money you can go on board for atour of every position. My wife could not get me a taxi ride this year for my 60th BD But has got me the tour actually on my BD. I beleive that the one feartured in this vidio is coming to the UK latter this and is going to fly alongside the one from our Battle of britian Memoral flight. What a year I am going to have. This vid almost had me in tears as I am a Lincolnshire man and this is bomber county I absolutly love the Lanc. I dont think enough has been done to honuor the brave men who flew in and gave their lives in this fantastic aircraft. So thank you for the dedication at the end.

John

Archived