[KCRE, SC] Cant figure out whats going on here, looking for suggestions...

JasonW

This is KCRE in Myrtle Beach SC. It is the only airport where I have this problem. I have FTX Global and Pilots Global mesh, also run REX4 but this happens with or without REX.

As you can see on approach everything appears fine.

2014-3-25_13-41-6-669_zpsfde18118.png

But once you get near the airport water submerges everything except the runway and taxiway. If you happen to land and go off the pavement the plane will sink as if its in the ocean.

2014-3-25_13-42-0-369_zps93132d4d.png

2014-3-25_13-42-34-657_zps5199642a.png

2014-3-25_13-42-28-441_zps4540c1ca.png

Once you fly away everything appears normal again until the next approach.

2014-3-25_13-43-33-426_zpsc7c08f14.png

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Jason,

I've been having a similar problem which only ocured around 3rd party addon airports, everything else looked great.  I removed those 3rd party addons, rebuilt the FSX.cfg, and went to my addon scenery file to make sure my files were in correct value placement. That all made sense but when I tried again, the problem was still there but still only affecting those same airports even though they no longer had 3rd party enhancements. I decided I would just have to fly somewhere else.

I was staring at the addon files list and I saw that at the top of the list was a file named "addon scenery". I thought that had always been there but when I opened it I discovered that it was a copy of my entire addon scenery file from FSX. I deleted it and when I started back up I was back in flight sim heaven again without anomalies. I hope this helps you and anyone else solve their issue.

I hope it helps, Cal

Thanks for the reply Cal. I suspect you may be on to something because I have airport guys myrtle beach int scenery installed which is only a few miles from this airport. I'm a bit confused as to where this list is, could you advise me where you are talking about? Is it FSX/addon scenery?

Thanks

Jason,

Sorry I wasn't clear,

In your FSX  settings window look for the scenery library. That's where I had accidently copied my entire addon scenery folder instead of locating what I wanted to add from that folder. I hope that helps.

good flights, Cal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

It's possible your terrain.cfg entries have been corrupted. Here's how to fix:

First back up the main copy of your terrain.cfg which is found in the root FSX folder. Then navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work" and locate the backup of the terrain.cfg there. Copy this backup in your root FSX folder, after that run FTX Central and switch between each region, including Global, hitting apply each time. This will reinsert the correct entries into your terrain.cfg.

Note if you have any other products that insert lines into the terrain.cfg (Ultimate Terrain, GEX, etc.) those will need to be re-run to reinsert their entries.

Thanks for your reply Alex but that didnt fix the issue either. Im starting to wonder if its an issue with orbx ftx and pilots global mesh working together. Default FSX doesnt have any problems at this airport. Its driving me nuts because this is an airport Id like to fly out of.

If anyone has these two programs and could try a flight from that airport just to see if its software related or not. Or I can post my terrain cfg if it would be helpful.

Hmm, I don't suppose you're using a Turkish copy of Windows 7 are you? :)

Here's a fix that has worked for a couple texture issues similar to yours, but it's only occurred in Turkish installations so far:

go to => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

there you should find the scenery.cfg file, open this with notepad and check that the entry looks like the following:

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Specifically, make sure Texture_ID is set to 1. Some support threads from about a year back when Global was released are ringing a bell in my head but I'll have to dig around for them... I recall other users have trouble with airport backgrounds switching to water but I cannot remember the solution at the moment. I'll keep digging around, in the meantime check the Texture_ID fix.

Hmm, I don't suppose you're using a Turkish copy of Windows 7 are you? :)

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Hi Alex, Im using Windows 7 home premium. Im guessing its a US version. I did check that scenery config file and its identical to what you posted above. 

Out of sheer boredom I installed UTX USA and it seems to have corrected the problem. However UTX has created many other problems with my orbx scenery such as two Golden Gate Bridges at San Francisco. I think I have narrowed this down to scenery library placement but please look and see if I have things in order.

1_zpsab6673cb.jpg

2_zpsa9570787.jpg

3_zps0878a77d.jpg

4_zps529ba28a.jpg

Archived