Reloading Orbx products [Error PNW NRM]

Manlyman

Hope I am posting this in the right forum. I have installed a new SSD, my first one. FSX and all my scenery is the only thing that that will be on it. As I have been reloading all has gone well so far untill I loaded PNW8 and NRM. Getting an error message when I try to apply FTX Global,  "RenameUniqueFiles:Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path J:\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_adjustment.OFF". Also the same path but ending with BGL. Hope all this made since.

David

What I did, I had fsx on a second drive, when I installed an ssd I I just copied my whole fsx folder along with anything on on my old drive to the new drive,changed the drive letter from my old drive to the new one,restarted and everything worked, make sure any hidden folders are moved as well.

Hi there,

that message indicates that you've installed one or more of the North American regions with FTX central set to default/global rather than North America and thus ended up with duplicate elevation adjustment files (both .bgl and .off extensions). The easy fix is to first set FTX Central to North America (ignore any error messages) then go into "Scenery\World\scenery", sort files by type, and delete all ADE_FTX_{...}_elevation_adjustment.OFF files. Make sure you only delete files with .OFF extensions (not .bgl) and only those from North American regions (PNW, CRM, PFJ, NRM, SAK, NCA).

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply. I have loaded more orbx scenery and it seems that the problem fixed itself. Not getting the errors anymore and I did look for those files you told me to look for and they aren't there. I can go back and forth between global and North America with no errors. Thanks again. Love your products!!

David

Archived