Mesh and Landclass Issues after PAGS install!

Larry Hickerson

May I say upfront that the issue is now fixed after removal of PAGS, PAJN, PAEN, SAK and VECTOR and then a reinstall.

After installing PAGS today, I took my first flight to PAGY,but first did a fly around the new scenery.  Simply LOVELY!  Love the shore line and details of the airport.  No issues flying over Hains.  As i approached Skagway, I noticed no ships in the harbor and funky looking hillsides on the right.  Landclass looked like something from pre-global from the sub-burbs of New York.  Where the turf area to the right of the runway was depressions, floating houses and absolutely no buildings on the ground except for the airport buildings.  Runway was elevated about 20' over surrounding objects.

Nothing has changed in the SAK region since I bought PAEN and upgraded VECTOR!  i teleported to PAEN and PAJN  and found both of them to have MESH issues.  I fooled around for a half hour installing patches and restarting.  Nothing was changing.  PAGS looked good and the rest of my SAK world now had MESH issues.  BTW, I use Pilot's Mesh  for FTX.

Out of frustration, I did the fix above.  All is sweet in SAKland now.  Any clue to what would have caused this?

Hi there,

sounds like an incorrect order of scenery library menu entries. The Vector, Global (openLC), and Global Mesh entries should all be below the FTX block of entries with the regions and airports meaning at lower display priority. Please check that's the case.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger!

I was thinking maybe a patch to one of the three SAK paywares were put in under GLOBAL.  Do not know but all looks well now.  Duh!

I do remember re-loading both 1 and 2 SAK patches on my first discovery quest, but I should have only loaded patch 2.  That caused elevated spikes on the runway at PAGY.  Double Duh!

arrrgh  Runny good now.  Just wondering what step I could have made wrong.

Thanks again!

Archived