KBVS Skagit

casper642

Purchased KBVS Skagit from Orbx. Downloaded the latest, last two patches for PNW. Didn;t see the patch 004 listed. I reinstalled a new hard drive and am missing the 004 patch for PNW, but would assume the last two patches would cover that. All the Orbx scenery works just fine. Its only KBVS Skagit that has all the ruts and gullys and doesn't load correctly. Any solutions or suggestions? Thanks Walt

My understanding is the major patches are inclusive of those that went before them. You need SP5 and SP8. 1 to 4 are included in 5 and 6 & 7 are included in 8.

I hope that helps,

regards,

Tom Wunder

Tom Thank you. That's what I thought. I did that and still have the same elevation problem with KBVS. I installed all those patches plus the libraries and "Nadda". I'm pulling my hair out abut determined to figure this out. Once again, Thanks. If you come up with anything else please let me know. Would love to have you as a member on our multiplayer. Have three of us who fly and you are welcome to fly with us. Thanks again Walt

Okay Mr Casper,

The sequence of the installs goes like this:

1. PNW (You have already done that.)

2. KBVS Skagit Regional (You have done that too.)

3. The patch for Skagit ("NA KBVS.110" ... from the same page where you got the PNW regional patches but further down but not so far as the ORBX Libraries.)

4. The PNW patches (Yes ... again)

5. The ORBX Libraries (Yes... again)  +  (current version is from March 2nd - "140302")

If that doesn't help you need one of the guys who knows what they are talking about to pipe in here.

Do you use FTX Global?  I haven't tried that myself but I notice many of the problems on here seem to be resolved only after those issues are sorted out.

Do you use any 3rd party mesh, traffic, or weather programs?  There again I do not have enough knowledge to help.

Good luck,

Tom Wunder

Hey Tom, That's pretty much the way I have those installed. Driving me nuts. I do have third party software for all kinds of stuff. But have not had any problems with any other airports or scenery. So I can concentrate on this KBVS files. Checked  the BGL files in the scenery-world-PNW and that's fine. That used to be a cause for this elevation problems. It would have a different extension and I had to rename it back to a BGL extension. That's not the case this time though. Hey how would you like to join my two partners and fly with us in Multiplayer? Then there will be 4 of us flying together. Maybe we can all help each other out with some of these FSX problems. Let me know. And thanks again Walt

Hello Walt,

Sorry I didn't pick up on your name earlier. I wasn't being rude... well not on purpose anyway... just being slow witted.

I have KBVS, KORS, 74S, WA56, 3W5, 1S2, S43, W16, 0S9, & 2WA1 just to name the few that are in the immediate area. I have never had any elevation issues in that area.

In that area so thick with high resolution FTX airports I have some times had minor difficulties when using a complex aircraft such as the RealAir Lancair Legacy. Although not enough of a problem to discourage me from flying in that area with that aircraft. The problems I have seen were not related to elevation but more along the line of graphic memory saturation. Usually one flight and restart FSX to refresh memory in that area.

The only elevation issues I recall with FTX was when flying from FSX default Juneau (I do not have FTX SAK or PAJN) to Ketchikan (I do have FTX PFJ & PAKT). That got ugly. The runway at PAKT was translucent and I landed through it and there were buildings in the air at several different levels. Ketchikan airport is already on 3 or 4 levels but on that day it was more like 8 or 10. I have since resolved to not fly between FTX and non-FTX airports.

I have never got down to the looking at .bgl level of sorting out problems with FTX. Thankfully I have never yet had to. I think you will need to lay out exactly what 3rd party software you are using this FTX with so that one of the actual support people will be able to hopefully quickly sort out your problem.

What I don't understand is why one of them hasn't jumped in here long before now??

As to joining in with your group... I'm kind of busy for the next 2 to 3 days... after that I have your email address and I'll contact you that way.

Have a great day,

Tom Wunder

Hi Casper,

I'll see if Hugh (the developer of Skagit) is around to chime-in as specific airport support is always responsibility of the developer

Regarding PNW, you should only need the recently released PNW_SP8, or the full PNW triple installer

Archived