How do I update to triple installer for PNW when I bought it from PC Aviator ?

George de Tuncq

Ed Correia's announcement of the update of the new installer for PNW has a link to get it.  That link goes to Flightsimstore.  I purchased PNW from PC Aviator back on December 23, 2010 on their order 243812.  Jay Kae replied to my inquiry as to how I get the update by saying to contact ORBX.

Is it possible for me to get the update without having to buy PNW a second time? 

George,

if your purchase was from other than Flightsimstore and like me was a DVD purchase of PNW then you will have to wait for ORBX to develop a migration routine to have PNW in P3D.  If your purchase was via download I'm not certain how that will be addressed.

Hi George,

unfortunately, we don't have a solution for non-FSS customers yet:

DVD customers who have purchased from other resellers will need to wait for a linking/migrating solution.

Source: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75359-ftx-na-pnw-triple-installer-now-available/

Cheers, Holger

New annoucement from ORBX...   ::)

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you of a new service made available by The FlightSim Store to customers who may have purchased Orbx boxed DVD products at ... ahem... another reseller.

As you may know, updated installers for Orbx products are provided to The FlightSim Store and it's customers as downloads. When a product is updated, the file on your download link is often also updated so that you always have access to the latest version, or for versions made available on other platforms such as Lockheed Martin's Preapr3D v2.

For customers who've purchased the boxed DVD version from another reseller updating to the latest version often means paying for the same product again and buying it from us here at The FlightSim Store.

We've now implemented a solution to this problem with our Orbx - Reseller DVD Cross-Grade License. For just $1.95 to cover an administration cost, purchase of this license allows you to download and use an updated copy of an Orbx boxed DVD product purchased at a reseller other than The FlightSim Store.

Unfortunately there's no perfectly elegant way to make this all happen without any fuss, and there are just a few simple hoops you will need to go though to make it happen but we feel that this is a cost effective way to get you in possession of the latest versions of Orbx's products and one that does not exploit the loyalty of DVD customers, regardless of where they purchased their DVD's from.

For all the details on how to qualify for the cross-grade license please see the following page on our website:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2810

Archived