Any experience in flying the Coolsky DC9 in OrbXland ?

dominique

With the opening of the Norcal territory, I look into getting a big boy. The Coolsky DC-9 reminds me of David Maltby's BAC 1-11, one of my top favourites in FS9. It seems that it taxes the simulation quite a bit though, Does any of you guys fly her with a frame rate in the 30's, with a weather engine (OPUS, AS or Rex) ? I

PS  know that I can return the package thanks to Flight1 Policyif not happy   :)

It's been a while since I dragged her out of the hanger, but I don't recall any dramas getting around ENG in AS driven soup (apart from getting a bit lost trying to find a BC localiser at Gatwick...), or default LA & SF/Oak (which is probably no less taxing than Orbxland). Not sure about frames. I rarely count them.

One of the most under-rated aircraft in FSX in my humble opinion.

Mike

I don't have the DC-9, but I do have Coolsky's MD-80 (Pro)... It is a bit heavy on the frame-rates, but it is great to fly and quite a challenge to master completely. And it's one of those planes that simply belongs in the skies. That being said I always managed to get it off the ground (albeit mostly under the blaring of sirens and warning "stabilizer!" call-outs) and back down again in one piece.

Cheers

Mallard

thank you Mallard and Mickel, the DC9 is said to be heavier on frame rate than the CS MD80... I'm talking VC, not 2D and most of the aircraft designers say that much below 30, a flight model does not perform well. I understand now that the AP is mostly the FSX AP enhanced with new functions which is a downer too for it means wobbling in catching radials :(. Still a little research to do, in the meantime I will fly the 146 to reach the 300 knots :) (actually I'm less interested by the speed than by the feeling of heaviness, and the inertia of the jet engines).

Archived