hello....I have not a problem with any other airport purchased except Juneau. here planes are moving half buried in the tarmac, my planes pops up and down to different elevations, the views are messed up with my plane going above and under the ground... I even tried a fresh download. nothing helps.... does anyone have a clue ???   ....thanks

Sounds like you have a 3rd party APX active for the airport. Do you have any AI programs such as WOAI or similar? try running a search of your FSX directory for "PAJN" any results returned outside of the ORBX folder structure or not containing "FTX" can have the file type renamed from ".bgl" to ".off"

This should solve your problem.

hello... I have so many 3rd party items... I did check to see if I had pajn fixed up with my airport wizard but no, I use ultimate traffic II for ai planes but having no trouble anywhere but pajn  ..can you explain the  fsx directory?  is that the fsx cfg. file ??  ...and if I find a .off  should I rename it .bgl  ??   thanks for your help Russ    ...gary

hello again... I think I see what you mean.... in the pajn scenery folder I have 3 .OFF   they are:   PAJN_GP.bgl.OFF     PAJN_PLC_statics.bgl.OFF   PAJN_PLC_PF.bgl.OFF    .... should I remove the   .OFF  ??    ....thanks

I do not seem to be able to edit these  bgl.OFF's   I cannot find any info on .OFF files  ...should I delete these or what?     I see .OFF files in other ftx airports as well so now I think it is normal to have these???   I see where the off files have to do with choices in the control panel but nothing fixes the problem, I have purchased 24 orbx airports but pajn will not work. obviously I do not know what I am doing or talking about. if there are step by step instructions you can give me to fix pajn I would like to know how ....thanks

I do not seem to be able to edit these  bgl.OFF's   I cannot find any info on .OFF files  ...should I delete these or what?     I see .OFF files in other ftx airports as well so now I think it is normal to have these??? 

Don't delete them!  ".OFF" files are normal.  They just indicate that a feature is turned off in the airport's control panel.

For instance, if the control panel has an option for "static aircraft", if you uncheck it and then go look in your scenery file, you will find ".OFF" behind the file that controls static aircraft.  If you go back to the control panel, check the static aircraft box, and return to the scenery file, you will find the .OFF replaced with .bgl.

I'm sure Russ will be back to continue to help you troubleshoot your problem, I just didn't want you to delete anything you shouldn't :)

Cheers,

Matt

I have not deleted anything, I figured out the off files are from the control panel.   Holger the FSS238039 on oct. 2nd 2013 order info  ... yes I have SAK installed and keep up on all your updates to all products. I have tried a new download of pajn as well but no difference. do you think a separate folder in addon scenery should be created to house PAJN scene and texture folders  ...thanks, gary

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order number.

All of the installed FTX regions and airports are automatically sorted by FTX Central in the correct order so there's no need to move stuff around let alone add folders.

Have a look at the threads linked here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62409-sak-compatibility-index/ . They list known incompatible airport adjustment files for SAK, including PAJN, and how to deactivate them.

Cheers, Holger

hello Holger...thank you so much, your deactivation tool took care of PAJN and I assume Ketchikan as well and it helped explain what Russ was trying to tell me. I consider the issue solved.  ...your friend, Gary   ...amazing..it no longer looks like the Langoliers ate half the airport   :)

...well this is odd  ...cant seem to get PAKT right by following the steps. I have pacific fjords. its not nearly as bad as PAJN was impossible. PAKT is flyable but on the ground, moving the hat switch down on views still allows you to go beneath the pavement where things appear to be floating. That does not happen at PAJN anymore, where moving the hat switch down in views never goes below the pavement.  ...tips???   ...thanks.

Archived