FTX Central Problem - deleting group definitions

Blaunarwal

Hi 

I use Scenery Config Editor, to manage my scenery.cfg. http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

This program allows to group sceneries and as second step easily disabling whole groups of sceneries, which are not used in the planned flight session. This saves a lot of loading time.

The entries look like this (see below). If one uses FTX Central to switch the area, the "X_Groups=..." lines are all deleted. I think FTX Central doesn't need to do this, to do what it does. Is it possible to change FTX Central in a way, it does not delete those entries? Or even better, extend FTX Central to a tool, doing the same, activating all needed sceneries a user groups to a certain region.

Dan

X_Groups=Europe,Switzerland
[Area.178]
Title=Lodrino
Layer=178
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Addon Scenery\Switzerland\Lodrino

[Area.179]
Title=LSMM
Layer=179
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Addon Scenery\Switzerland\LSMM

[Area.180]
Title=Vaud
Layer=180
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Addon Scenery\Switzerland\Vaud

The best way to deal with this is to save your scenery.cfg files for each area so that if they are altered by FTX Central, you have a backup.

You can then load your required addon scenery entries before running FTX Central.

It does indeed delete the Groups.

After you have run FTX Central again to return to default, you can then discard the resulting scenery.cfg file and restore the saved version.

This is very easily done with the Scenery Config Editor, as I am sure you know.

I do not think that the two programs will ever be truly compatible as they each manipulate the scenery.cfg file in a different way.

Thanks Nick

I work with backups of course, since I realized who is deleting my groups. I didn't really investigate what FTX Central does with scenery.cfg. It know it creates a backup of the scenery.cfg, deletes the groups and probably resets the order of the entries, keeping FTX entries on top. But deleting the groups needs some kind of routine, deleting all unknown entries. It does a lot of work - for nothing. I wonder, why this has been programmed. 

Dan

Archived