FTX Global, FTX Australia and FTX Vector

virginblue190

Hey guys, 

So just a question, I have FTX Global, FTX Australia and FTX Vector. 

IN FTX Central i have FTX Global enabled but on Hybrid mode 

When i fly in Australia / Oceania i normally just have FTX Australia ticked ( FTX Custom, FTX SHores and FTX Roads ) 

When i fly in say Europe or America i have FTX Global abd FTX Vector on together and FTX AUstralia Unticked. 

I Was just wondering what happens when im flying in Australia and i have FTX Australia, FTX GLobal and FTX Vector Ticked all enabled together

One more thing, I just had a look in my SCENERY.CFG

For example this

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Is there suppose to be anything in the scenery.cfg that has to do with FTX Central / Vector and Australia as i have none  

Hi Jack,

for Australia (and New Zealand) the FTX Global Hybrid mode doesn't work as well as for Europe and North America; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74167-ftx-au4-sp003-fs-global-12-textures-bug/?hl=australia

That's why we recommend that you use "Oceania" in FTX Central when flying in Australia. Just make sure that the openLC and FTXG Vector entries are below the FTX region and airport block in your scenery library menu. Also, it seems that in some areas of Australia Vector currently interferes with FTX AU so you may want to disable its entries when flying in those areas until a fix is available; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71989-vector-interfering-in-australia/

For FSX the active scenery.cfg file resides in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Cheers, Holger

Archived