FTX AU4-SP003 + FS Global 1.2 textures bug

YoYo

Hi,

Few days ago I opened the new topic in P3Dv2 corner: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73996-ftx-au4-sp003-fs-global-12-bug/ but Today I checked too same places in FSX and it looks like a bug FTX Global + Hybrid mode with the last Australia 4 003.

FTX Central - only Oceania is OK:

th_Screenshot200_zps1ab09114.jpg

FTX Central - Global + Hybrid ON - I have oasis (green textures on mountains, some of places I saw too water textures as a box, it looks like a the first layer of water textures).

th_Screenshot310_zps24e57147.jpg

So it looks like definitely bug / problem with LC on Hybrid option - Oceania takes textures from FTX Global.

Can we expect a solution of this problem? It looks terrible :( (tops of mountains).

Hi YoYo,

it's not a bug but rather a good illustration that FTX Global in Hybrid mode is a compromise that is meant to work (more or less) globally but that it's much better to select the specific region you're flying in (if you own them). I believe that's especially true for Australia and New Zealand because both areas look significantly different in Global Hybrid than in Oceania mode. 

In short, if you fly in Australia and Oceania, always select Oceania as the active region.

P.S.: the square water sections display is an issue specific to P3Dv2 and our seasonal waterbodies. Until a service pack for those is available (assuming we find a suitable solution) you can switch to one of the southern winter months (e.g., July or August), which will change those flooded areas back to land and thus get rid of the squares. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived