YBBN - blurry runway and low performance

Mephic

O.n. : 273022

Hi! I love the looks of the Brisbane airport but I have two issues with it:

1. Runway and taxiway detail is terrible. Is there a way to solve it? Currently it is set as "default FSX" - I thought it will be using Rex 4 textures but it's not and I just see blurry lines and textures.

2. Low performance with NGX - around 18-20 FPS on average but it is stuttering more than usually on these settings. Which options are the biggest resource hogs in control panel of airport? I switched off people because I have GSX. What else should I switch?

Also additionally I noticed that RAAS from fs2crew does not work with this one particular airport and can't find the reason. Makerwys software used after installation but no difference. Runways are not being recognized.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mephic,

It sounds like your settings might be at play.  Any idea what they are?  In particular global texture resolution, and your Texture filtering settings (either in-sim or in Nvidia inspector)

Some information as to what Hardware you are running might be helpful.

Finally, a screenshot might make it clearer exactly what the problem is.

Everything except water and autogen is maxed out, autogen on dense, water med2x, lod radius 5.5, shadows off, internal filtering set to anisotropic, NI set to app controlled.

Hardware

Core i5 3570k 4.6 ghz

Gtx 660ti Msi PE oc - 1280/7000 MHz

2x4 corsair vengeance ddr3

I don't have this problem on any freeware orbx airport. Only here the runway is just blurred (can't see lines and other things almost at all, terrain arround is fine.

Tweaks applied to cfg:

Rejecttreshold at 132078 (or close to that don't remember right now), highmemfix and cpuaffinity applied

Everything under dx10 scenery fixer which I disabled for testing but same situation with dx9 so it's not the issue here.

I will try to force anisoTropic 16x from inspector and let you know.

And about performance hogs settings?? Don't know what should I turn off

Hi Menphic, I would say your hardware and your settings are comparable to mine. And with complex jetliners I also go down in FPS at YBBN, more than in other airports (e. g. Cairns or Melbourne). I can post a screenie, once you have done, as this is your problem post  8) .

I hereby CONFIRM -  ISSUE IS FIXED!!!

:)

This is what I changed under airport settings:

"Select Ground Surface and Static Airliners Option: 

Changed from "FSX Ground Poly (Default) to Photoreal Ground Textures - it seems like there is either a mix up in options or something else but those "Photoreal" look better and are less taxiing on hardware 

I also brought my FPS to over 20 with heavy overcast ASN - turned off: a) People flow, 8) Airside Objects 4 c)  Landside Objects 3 and 4.

Those tweaks gave me 20-30 FPS with heavy overcast in NGX, 30-50 FPS without overcast.

I also tried to fly around the airport

Before the tweaks VAS usage came up to 3,7 GB (so definetly no flight after that)

After the tweaks VAS usage decreased to 3,2 GB

Considering I am using plethora of other addons - this is GOOD!

Thanks ORBX for this amazing airport and a tool which helped me fit my needs. Now I can fly to YMLT safely and my passengers are happy that the pilot is happy :)

I was able to keep my LOD radius on 5.5 and Autogen density on very dense - hey in the end it's all about the looks :) 

One more question - is it correct to keep ORBXLIBS entries above addon airports? or should they be below? I would say above because they are updated more often but I don't know if it's not wrong approach

Archived