NCA Comparison - It's very well done - Thank You Guys

cabnz

Hello everybody,

I decided to do a quick comparison from KRDD heading north following the railroad for quite a few miles using FSX ORBX NCA, Megasceneryearth 2.0 California and X-Plane 10.

First I used X-Plane 10 and it looked pretty good but I don't like there roads - they were all over the place. I did like that they had trains though.

Secondly I used FSX with ORBX NCA - It looked good too! What I noticed that was done better over X-Plane was that the railroad tracks were flat on the ground and were cut through hills etc as they should be whereas X-Plane 10 railroads went up and over smalls hills with sharp points (I hope that makes sense?).

Now thirdly I used Megasceneryearth 2.0 to see how accurate both X-Plane 10 and ORBX was to Photoreal scenery and if I liked Megesceneryearth better. Obviously Megasceneryearth is accurate and I liked it but it lacks autogen/trees etc (but bridges were there). But I have to say a huge congratulations to the ORBX team as ORBX NCA felt and looked so right! It had the look and feel of Megasceneryearth but with autogen etc. It had the right colours and everything just seemed in the right place. Roads were where they were supposed to be (compared to Megesceneryearth) etc etc.

Very well done ORBX - You guys just keep getting better :)

Cheers,

Craig

PS: Just need some trains moving around :) 

Hi Craig,

Unless you check ORBX NCA (or any of the ORBX regions) against a PR scenery like megascenery earth you will not appreciate how VERY accurate the airports are.  Many hours of extra work go into accurately locating all runways, taxiways, aprons, etc and although we know most folks won't notice we think it's work the time and effort anyway.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the fantastic work you and everybody else that works at ORBX put into the scenery. I already appreciated what a wonderful job you guys did but I appreciate it even more seeing how accurate it really is.

Thank you again,

Kind regards,

Craig

Archived