What is the advantage to purchasing countries individually vs FTX Global.  For example is the quality of global the same as the individual countries??  I just purchased FTX England and I really like it.  Should I have purchased the global product.  Is there any difference in quality??

BW

In short, yes there is a difference in quality.  FTX regions have "more" in them than FTX Global Base.

A great explanation, with pictures, is in the new "Definitive Guide to FTX Products" pdf in the General forum. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Cheers,

Matt

Matt: Thanks. I completed the read me file and have a few questions.  Can I install global without uninstalling England (which I just purchased) or can I install global over England??  Should I later on purchase Vector can I install over both Global and England??

I have some other questions, but this is enough for the present I think. Thanks

BW

BW,

I'm not an Orbx developer (just a user), but page 14 of the FTX Definitive Guide says:

"It does not matter what order you install the FTX products (other than the latest libraries being installed 

last) as they will always self -order themselves."

When I bought FTX Global Base, I just installed it and then updated the libraries.  I did not uninstall any of my Orbx regions or airports prior to installing Global, and Global installed properly and didn't mess any regions or airports up.

You should be able to just install Vector on top of Global Base and England.  (Always install the latest library again, after adding a new Orbx product.)

Cheers,

Matt

BTW, there are no stupid questions, so pick the appropriate forum or forums for your questions and ask away!

Matt: Thanks. I completed the read me file and have a few questions.  Can I install global without uninstalling England (which I just purchased) or can I install global over England??  Should I later on purchase Vector can I install over both Global and England??

I have some other questions, but this is enough for the present I think. Thanks

BW

BW,

I'm not an Orbx developer (just a user), but page 14 of the FTX Definitive Guide says:

"It does not matter what order you install the FTX products (other than the latest libraries being installed 

last) as they will always self -order themselves."

When I bought FTX Global Base, I just installed it and then updated the libraries.  I did not uninstall any of my Orbx regions or airports prior to installing Global, and Global installed properly and didn't mess any regions or airports up.

You should be able to just install Vector on top of Global Base and England.  (Always install the latest library again, after adding a new Orbx product.)

Cheers,

Matt

BTW, there are no stupid questions, so pick the appropriate forum or forums for your questions and ask away!

Hi BlackWolf77...

Glad you're enjoying FTX ENG!

And yes... As the guide shows, while FTX ENG is indeed much higher detail than FTX Global, Having FTX Global as well as FTX ENG has a lot of advantages too if you ever plan on flying outside of the FTX ENG area.

Matt is also correct... All the FTX products will install to the correct location and order, so you don't have to worry about installing Global or Vector "over" England... the installers will make sure that in the sim, FTX ENG has priority and you then see Global and Vector everywhere else :)

Couldn't be easier ;)

Hope to see you in the Global skies soon!

Archived