Black rectangles instead of road lights in all FTX NA after installation of FTX Gold NCA

mik1aj

Hi,

after installation of NCA I noticed black rectangles along the roads. in ALL ftx add on(PNW,NRM,CRM,PFJ,SAK plus several airports). I then realised that road lights were missing. and replaced by the black rectangles! Library is updated, FSX in DX10 mode, Windows7 and 8.1 all 64bit have the same problem. I repeat after installation of FTXNAGOLDNCA

Tks for help

Michele Burke Order Number: FSS0270500

Thanks to friends for suggestions and link. DX9 is ok but I wish Orbx shall issue a patch or something else to fix the problem. I work perfectly in DX10 mode with all the add on I have, Orbx and non-Orbx, without any DX10 fixer !!

Michele Burke

Quick explanation of why there is no patch for streetlights to work in DX10 beyond the DX10 Fixer. The newer, much more efficient, streetlights are a different type of autogen model than the older, less efficient, street lights. Unfortunately, with the newer model we have discovered that in DX10 Preview mode, FSX cannot render partially transparent textures on this type of autogen model.

The only way to patch it would be going back to the older models that had a heavy hit on performance. The reason the DX10 Fixer works is it actually edits the shader files in DX10 Preview allowing FSX to render partially transparent models.

"ALL CAPS": it was not my intention to be unpolite, please apologize. Regarding the problem itself I stil remain of my opinion that Orbx has to find a way to enable payng customers to use DX10 preview of FSX without further expenses.

Tks, kindest regards

Michele Burke

Hi Michele,

The faults in the DX10 shader code have been common knowledge for around 8 years now.

As explained, Microsoft released them that way and never fixed them.

The lights in question work fine under DX9, and indeed when DX10 has been fixed.  This is because there is nothing wrong with them. 'Dumbing down' the elements of scenery to get around shader faults in DX10 is not an option.

Put another way, if your car is broken and won't tow your trailer, you don't go and modify the trailer so the car will tow it!

You have the choice of using DX10 with the glitches MS left in it, or fixing it.  You may also use DX9.

Archived